The non-woven tape market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 5%, globally, during the forecast period. Increasing applications for medical usages and growing demand from the automotive industry are driving the market's growth. Less durability and other technical factors are expected to hinder the market's growth.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand for Medical and Hygenic Purposes
- Non-woven tapes have been increasingly used for medical purposes, and they are being preferred by surgeons and physicians owing to their properties. Non-woven tapes find their applications in hygienic products, surgical gowns, masks, dressings, and wound closure strips and bandages, among others.
- Non-woven tapes are soft, sterile, stretchable, and they have excellent anti-microbial and water-repellant properties.
- The demand for non-woven tapes is significantly rising, due to the increasing awareness regarding safety and hygienic personal care for women and babies in developing countries.
- TENS electrodes are widely used in wound care dressings in the field of medical sciences. Electrodes consist of adhesive pads used to treat pain in humans.
- Additionally, the production of hygiene products has increased globally, due to the outbreak of COVID-19. The demand for non-woven tapes also increased, as they are mainly used for hygienic purposes.
- The increasing number of surgical applications, growing hygienic awareness among people, and technological advancements, like anti-bacterial tapes, are expected to drive the market for non-woven tapes through the coming years.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the overall market, owing to the highly developed healthcare sector in China, India, and South Korea, coupled with the continuous investments done in the region to advance the medical technology and automotive sectors through the years.
- The demand for non-woven tapes from the automotive and transportation industries has been gradually increasing. These tapes are being used for car roof linings, headliners, and leather and textile supporters in automobiles.
- Non-woven tapes are majorly using for medical and hygienic usage. Apart from this, non-woven tapes are being used in the electronics and construction industries.
- In recent years, the transportation, electronics, construction, medical, and automotive industries have been constantly developing in the Asia-Pacific region. These sectors are estimated to drive the demand for non-woven tapes.
- According to China Customs, China and South Korea are the major exporters of medical technology equipment to other regions. Also, according to the IFA Global Press Conference, the electronic sector has significant growth in China, South Korea, Japan, and India.
- Performing surgeries requires advanced medical devices and components, including non-woven tapes. Furthermore, continuous growth in the electronics and transportation sectors is expected to drive the market for non-woven tapes in Asia-Pacific through the years to come.
The non-woven tape market is fragmented in nature, with many players competing in the market. Some of the major companies are 3M Company, Berry Global Group Inc., Nitto Denko Corporation, TESA SE, and Paul Hartmann AG.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support