The Middle East and Africa meat substitute products market is projected to grow, witnessing a CAGR of 8.64% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- With the increase in the number of global inhabitants settling in the Middle East & Africa, there has been increasing demand for a variety of food products. Meat substitutes are also highly preferred by consumers. The global campaigns and promotions of ‘go vegetarian’ are also influencing these countries and therefore, consumers are turning their preferences toward vegetarian diets.
- The companies in the market have therefore launched products that are not only cooked like meat but are also healthier than meat. Products like Seitan, tofu, mushrooms, tempeh, eggplant, jackfruit, lentils, eggplant, cauliflower, beans, and legumes are widely popular amongst vegan consumers.
- The predominantly consumed meat alternatives in the region are soy-based meat proteins. Meat alternatives are likely to replace meat products in the country, with several restaurants launching vegetarian menus and customizing vegetarian foods as per the tastes of consumers who prefer eating meat products.
Key Market Trends
Changed Consumer Habits and Rise in Veganism
The rising popularity of ethnic cuisines from the Asian region is a major factor in boosting the market growth of meat substitutes in the Middle East & Africa. However, the availability of products and brands is still very less, as compared to the global level. This is restraining the market growth currently. With a huge part of the global population settling in the African and Arabic countries for employment purposes and the growth in the tourism sectors of Arabic countries, there man increase in demand for meat alternatives in countries, like South Africa, United Arab Emirates, and Saudi Arabia. There has been growing perception among the people of the Middle East & Africa, regarding healthy vegetarian food options available in the region. Therefore, people are slowly turning toward vegetarian diets. People have started to take care of their personal health and wellness, in order to prevent themselves from attracting any major chronic diseases. Therefore, food is playing an important role in this trend.
Middle East & Africa Meat Substitute Market Regional Analysis
The meat substitute industry in Middle East & Africa is segmented into the geography regions which consist of South Africa, United Arab Emirates, and other the Middle East & African countries. Health and environmental concerns and varied religious traditions (due to the presence of multi-cultural people) rank the top reasons promoting the market in the Middle East & Africa, encouraging people to consume vegetarian diets with healthier vegetarian ingredients. The consumers in South Africa are more likely to buy meat substitutes that are delicious, healthier and also competitively priced. The companies in the market have therefore launched products that are not only cooked like meat but are also healthier than meat.
A few of the major companies in the market are Cauldron Foods, The Campbell Soup Company, VBites Food Ltd., Vfoods Co., Impossible Foods Inc., etc. There is moderate competition in the Middle East & Africa Meat Substitute Market. New product launches that include innovative flavors, improved and meat-like textures, and mergers and acquisitions with local players have been strong business strategies for market growth. The majority of the restaurants are launching and customizing vegetarian food, which may substitute meat and may suit the tastes and preferences of people preferring meat-based products.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support