The Global Micro-Irrigation Systems Market is projected to register a CAGR of 10.9% over the forecast period.
- Micro-irrigation technologies are one of the most effective systems used by farmers in many developed economies, in order to reduce water wastage. Thus, major companies, like Netafim Ltd, offer drip irrigation systems that can be embedded in pipes, in order to simplify the process of installation, while creating sustainable agricultural production and improving the livelihood and economic position of millions of small holder farmers.
- Automatic drip irrigation is essential for controlling soil moisture, especially in case of specialized greenhouse vegetables. Total automation of drip irrigation systems provides a simple, meticulous method for controlling soil moisture and applying water.Effective time management, elimination of human errors, in terms of estimation, and adjustment of available soil moisture levels are some of the factors augmenting the demand for automatic drip irrigation systems. Furthermore, these systems are expected to increase profits generated per yield.
Key Market Trends
Agricultural Water Scarcity Pushing Farmers towards Adoption of Micro Irrigation
The micro-irrigation systems market is primarily driven by factors, such as the need for increasing crop productivity while addressing the issues of water scarcity. Thus, governments are focusing on formulating initiatives, to increase the usage of micro-irrigation systems, while limiting water shortage. With water increasingly becoming a scarce commodity, farmers have been seeking novel ideas to grow more crops with the same quantity of water. Micro-irrigation systems, including sprinklers, and drippers, are witnessing high demand. This is expected to augment the growth of the market studied.
The Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) established the design of micro-irrigation system (DOMIS), a web-based application system that helps in designing customized micro-irrigation systems for efficient water utilization, under several agro-climatic conditions. Furthermore, the institute is planning to develop devices that utilize low amounts of water, in order to help farms.
The global population has been increasing significantly over the past few years, along with the demand for food. Sprinkler and drip irrigation systems provide limited quantities of water to farms, with minimal wastage, as compared to conventional gravity flow irrigation.
Asia Pacific Dominating the Global Market
China is one of the leading manufacturers of micro-irrigation system components. China exports micro-irrigation system components to many nations and its exports are further expected to grow in the future. The Asian Development Bank is encouraging small farmers in China to use micro-irrigation.India is largely dependent on rainfed agriculture and the use of a micro-irrigation system will help the Indian agriculture sector in reducing the dependence on rain and also can help in increasing productivity. The most popular technologies being used in India are drip irrigation and sprinkler irrigation. Drip irrigation has the highest market share in India. Adoption rates of micro-irrigation Apart from China and India, countries such as Vietnam, Korea, Bangladesh, and Pakistan, continue to have a large market share.
The Global Micro-Irrigation Systems Market is highly consolidated, with the top five companies accounting for more than 60% of the market share. With the governments’ thrust on augmenting the penetration of water conservation and efficiency driven by micro-irrigation system, the market is expected to witness a double-digit growth in the near future. The major players in the market include Jain Irrigation Systems Limited, Netafim Limited, Lindsay Corporation, Rivulus Irrigation Limited, and The Toro Company, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support