The market for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 4%, during the forecast period. Increasing demand for flexible packaging, from various end-user industries, is expected to drive the demand for the market during the forecast period. The demand for a substitute, such as LLDPE and HDPE, in the regions, such as North America, Europe, etc., is likely to hinder the market studied.
- Increasing demand for LDPE in the pharmaceutical industry is likely to act as an opportunity for the market studied, in the future.
- The Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market, with the largest consumption recorded.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Films and Sheets to Boost the Market
-Low-density polyethylene is being used in different end-user industries because of their properties of chemical resistance, flexible, soft, etc. Some of the major end-user industries include Packaging, Electrical & electronics.
-Low-density polyethylene is majorly used in the food industry for packaging applications. It can hold products without emitting harmful chemicals. Owing to less moisture content it is used in the storage of food items.
-The packaging is the largest application sector for LDPE. The robust demand from developing countries such as India and China.
-However, the demand for the LDPE is being hindered by increasing usage of HDPE in developed countries such as the United States.
-All the aforementioned factors, is expected to increase the demand for the LDPE from various industries. This, in turn, expected to drive the demand for the Low density polyethylene during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific dominated the global market, with a share of more than 30%. This growth is majorly due to the rising demand from the packaging industry, in countries, such as China, India, and Japan.
- Industries in Asia-Pacific, such as food and beverages, are propelling the market growth.
- China is the largest consumer of packaging in the region. By 2020, China is expected to be responsible for around half of the world's packaging consumption growth.
- The estimated value of the packaging industry in India is about USD 14 billion, and it is expected to grow further.
- The increase in lightweight packaging in industries, such as electronics, healthcare, and food and beverages, in the region is driving the growth of the market studied.\
The low-density polyethylene market is fragmented in nature. Key players in the market studied include Exxon Mobil Corporation, LyondellBasell, Dow, LG Chem, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, etc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support