The Global Industrial Direct Radiography Market was valued at USD 497 million at a CAGR of 8.3% over the forecast period (2020 - 2025). Due to advantages as compared to conventional radiography such as less exposure time, improved image quality and possibility of detection, the market is growing manifolds.
- Increased demand for image precision and thus electronic transfer of those images is driving the market growth. It leads to reduced cost for image transport from one site to another. It also causes considerable savings on image archiving, retrieval and storage. There is no handling of physical images thus no chances of image degradation.
- High setup cost is one of the challenging factors which is restraining the market growth. The initial cost of equipment is high as compared to conventional radiography.
Scope of the Report
Direct radiography, also known as direct digital radiography uses x-ray sensitive plates to capture data during patient examination and transfers it to computer system. Its widespread uses include corrosion detection & measurement, Wall Thickness Measurement and Valve Inspection to be used in industries such as petrochemical, aerospace, chemical, military, construction and healthcare.
Key Market Trends
Healthcare to Witness the Highest Growth
- There are many benefits of direct radiography to the healthcare industry. The physician can view the image on his mobile device and the same can be seen simultaneously by physicians who are kilometers apart.
- The American Dental Association has developed recommendations for dental radiographic examinations in partnership with FDA for strengthening the dentist's judgment. ADA has also collaborated with more than 80 health care organizations to promote Image Gently, an initiative to “child-size” radiographic examination of children in medicine and dentistry.
- Three healthcare systems across the United States selected Fujifilm's Digital Radiography Solutions for enhancing imaging capabilities and patient outcomes in April 2018. This signifies an increasing trend of healthcare facilities towards adoption of digital radiography.
- To remain competitive, players are coming out with offerings and innovations which are changing the market landscape. In April 2019, Samsung's new image post-processing engine (IPE), S-Vue 3.02, received FDA clearance. The software is a part of the company's digital radiography (DR) machines – GC85A and GM85 which lowers the dose of digital radiography while producing the same image quality.
North America to Dominate the Market
- North America market has the largest market share due to increasing demand from healthcare industry and supporting government regulations.
- Healthcare facilities are increasingly adopting mobile radiographic equipment. For instance, UCHealth Greeley Hospital became the first facility in the US in August 2019 to adopt the Mobilett Elara Max mobile X-ray system from Siemens Healthineers. An year before, at the Opelousas General Health System (OGHS) at Louisiana, Visaris Americas installed fully robotic, Vision C ceiling-suspended digital X-ray suite.
- In 2019 Shimadzu Medical Systems USA received U.S. Food and Drug Administration(FDA) clearance for the FluoroSpeed X1 patient side conventional radiographic fluoroscopy (RF) table system. This indicates growing FDA's interest towards radiography equipment.
- Innovations are also being witnessed in the region related to healthcare. Towards the end of 2018, Konica Minolta Healthcare launched Dynamic Digital Radiography or X-Ray in Motion which is enabling to bring digital radiography to life by visualizing movement using conventional X-ray.
The market for direct radiography is moving towards fragmented end due to demand from various industries for increased productivity and reduced safety hazards. The companies are shifting their focus from conventional radiography to digital.
- February 2019 - Varex Imaging Corporation showcasing its latest X-ray tubes, digital flat panel detectors (FPDs), connect and control devices and software solutions at the European Congress of Radiology (ECR) in Vienna, Austria.
- November 2018 - Agfa US Corp was awarded a group purchasing agreement with Premier. This allowed Premier to take advantage of special pricing of Agfa's comprehensive line of Direct Radiography (DR) systems.
- November 2018 - Durr NDT released DRC 2430 NDT flat panel detector for maximum portability and the harsh conditions of field radiography. It can also be used with both X-rays and gamma sources.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support