The India spray dried food market is projected to grow, witnessing a CAGR of 3.78% during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- The market is driven by the varied applications of spray-dried ingredients with their functional benefits in the food industry. The spray-dried powders prepared using spray drying technology offer extended shelf life with reduced storage requirement, and lower cost of bulk packing.
- Rising consumer awareness of health benefits from dietary consumption is another reason for increasing the consumption of spray-dried ingredients in the foodservice industry in India.
- However, the India spray dried food market faces challenges such as high maintenance cost along with the availability of other advanced technologies such as freeze-drying and vacuum drying; which is restraining the market space.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand For Food Preservation Technique Driving The Market
Food is perishable in nature so the preservation of food is needed to prevent its damage or spoilage under normal environmental conditions. The main aim of food preservation is to prevent or delay the growth of microorganisms such as bacteria, yeast, and moulds as well. Food preservation is a process in which various food items are kept for a long time without spoilage. There are various preservation methods for preservation of foods available in the commercial market and spray drying is one of them. Nowadays, fast Indian economic development has changed the trend of food consumption from calories assurance to diet nutrient enrichment. The consumers are well aware of the importance of nutritive elements like vitamins. This scenario has increased the demand for fresh fruits and vegetables. High moisture content in food products like fruits and vegetables leads to high water activity which leads to a quality loss in fruits and vegetables by increasing the enzyme activity and microbial growth. Therefore, reducing moisture content and water activity in fruits is always desirable to maintain quality.
Moreover, dehydration by spray drying is used in a wide variety of food products in food industries to produce dry powders and agglomerates. This factor is expected to foster the demand of India Spray dried food market over the forecast period.
Rising Usage of Spray Drying Technique in Dairy Industry in India
Spray drying is the most common method of dehydrating dairy products like milk and other dairy-based products. It involves rapid removal of moisture, leading to the formation of amorphous lactose, producing a complex matrix in which proteins, fat globules, and air cells disperse. Spray-dried technology in combination with other unit processes plays an important role in responding to market demands for powders with a range of functional properties.
Moreover, the demand for milk in immensely expanding like China can only be met by easily transportable and stable milk powder. For catering to the increasing demand from the foreign market, the spray drying techniques are being widely incorporated in the dairy industry which is expected to drive the growth of India spray-dried market in the forecast period.
The India spray-dried market is highly fragmented, particularly with the significant presence of numerous local and regional players. Major Key Players are Drytech processes, Aarkay Foods, Foods & Inns, Venkatesh naturals, Mevive International, Green Rootz, and Naturex. Some of the other domestic players in the Indian spray-dried market include HBH foods, RB Foods, Natural Dehydrated Vegetable, Vee Kay international, National Food & Spices, Aayush Food Products, Kirti Foods Pvt Ltd. and so on.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support