“The global in vivo toxicology market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9%.”
The in vivo toxicology market is expected to reach USD 6.14 billion by 2022 from an estimated USD 4.40 billion in 2017, at a CAGR of 6.9%. The key factors driving the growth of this market include, increasing pharmaceutical R&D activities, mandatory government regulations for animal testing, innovations in animal models, and the development of exclusive in vivo toxicology tests. On the other hand, alternative methods to animal testing and disadvantages associated with animal toxicology testing likely to restrain the growth of this market.
“The instruments segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
On the basis of product, the in vivo toxicology market is segmented into consumables and instruments. The consumables segment is further divided into reagents & kits and animal models. The instruments segment is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. The growth of this segment can be attributed to the increasing research on biological samples (such as blood and urine) using bioanalytical equipment.
“Chronic toxicity testing holds the largest share in the global in vivo toxicology market by testing type”
Based on testing type, the global in vivo toxicology market is segmented into acute, sub-acute, sub-chronic, and chronic toxicity testing. In 2017, chronic toxicity testing segment is estimated to hold the largest share in the global in vivo toxicology market. The large share of this market is attributed to the high cost of in vivo testing for more than 90 days, maintaining the animals, quality of tests, and the long duration of the tests performed.
“The immunotoxicity segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
On the basis of toxicity endpoint, the global in vivo toxicology market is segmented into immunotoxicity, systemic toxicity, carcinogenicity, genotoxicity, developmental and reproductive toxicity (DART), and other toxicity endpoints (includes organ toxicity, endocrine disruptor toxicity, juvenile toxicity, phototoxicity, ocular toxicity, and skin irritation). In 2017, the immunotoxicity segment is expected to account for the largest share in the in vivo toxicology market, this segment is also expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Rising demand for the development of biologics for autoimmune diseases and cancer and the increasing growth of biosimilars in oncology are driving the growth of this segment.
“China to witness the highest growth in the APAC region during the forecast period (2017-2022)”
In the APAC region, China is expected to witness the highest growth during the study period. The rising R&D funding and collaborations; initiatives taken by the Chinese government to promote life science research; and the strong trend of commercialization of biotechnology research are contributing to the growth of in vivo toxicology market in China.
Break of primary participants was as mentioned below:
• By Company Type – Tier 1–29%, Tier 2–35% and Tier 3–36%
• By Designation – C-level–39%, Director Level–35%, Others–26%
• By Region – North America–42%, Europe–36%, Asia Pacific–13%, RoW–9%
The major players in the global in vivo toxicology market are Thermo Fisher (US), Danaher (US), Charles River (US), Covance (LabCorp), and The Jackson Laboratory (US).
The report analyzes the in vivo toxicology market and aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market based on various aspects such as products, testing type, toxicity endpoint, testing facility and region. The report also includes the competitive analysis of the key players in this market along with their company profiles, product offerings, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will help established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in-turn would help them, garner a greater share of the market. Firms purchasing the report could use one or a combination of the below-mentioned strategies to strengthen their position in the market.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by key players in the global in vivo toxicology market. The report analyzes the global in vivo toxicology market by product, testing type, toxicity endpoint, testing facility, and region
• Product and Service Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming trends and product and service launches in the global in vivo toxicology market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative emerging markets by product, testing type, toxicity endpoint, testing facility, and region
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, growing geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global in vivo toxicology market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares and growth strategies of leading players in the global market