“Among applications, the homeland segment is expected to lead the gunshot detection system market during the forecast period”
Based on application, the homeland segment of the gunshot detection system market is expected to grow from USD 629.2 million in 2016 to USD 2,929.6 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 29.22% from 2016 to 2022. The growth of the homeland segment is driven by several factors such as increased rate of gun deaths in North America and the need for increased security in futuristic smart cities are the factors driving the gunshot detection system market. The installation cost of gunshot detection systems is considerably high and maintaining these systems is an additional expense on governments.
“Based on installation type, the fixed segment accounted for the largest share of the gunshot detection system market in 2016”
On the basis of installation type, the fixed segment accounted for the largest share of the gunshot detection system market in 2016. The growth of the fixed segment can be attributed to the advancements in security systems of existing infrastructures such as universities, public banks, and corporate offices, among others. Fixed installations are carried out at a specific height from the ground. High-security areas such as restricted military infrastructures are the potential fixed installation sites for gunshot detection systems. Military installations use fixed installations on walls, poles or border crossings. Fixed electro-optic systems are used by military personnel for enemy sniper localization. Fixed gunshot detection systems installed in Redwood City, California, Glendale, Arizona, Willowbrook, and the City of Industry have proven to be effective in reducing law enforcement response time in detecting gunfire, apprehending criminals, collecting evidence, and reducing the occurrence of celebratory gunfire.
“North America gunshot detection system market to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
North America has the highest number of firearms in across the world. The U.S. accounts for the largest civilian gunfire deaths. Need for better surveillance and safety systems from gunfire in cities is the prime factor driving the gunshot detection system market in the region.
In defense, gunshot locator systems are used, which have greatly improved situational awareness and combat preparedness for military units. They have led to a decrease in combat casualties in a hostile environment.
“Break-up of profile of primary participants for the gunshot detection system market”
• By Company Type - Tier 1 – 35 %, Tier 2 – 45% and Tier 3 – 20%
• By Designation – C level – 35%, Director level – 25%, Others – 40%
• By Region – North America - 45%, Europe – 20%, APAC – 30%, RoW – 5%
Major companies in the gunshot detection system market are SST, Inc. (U.S.), Raytheon BBN Technologies (U.S.), QinetiQ North America (U.S.), Shooter Detection Systems, LLC. (U.S.), Acoem Group (France), and Thales Group (France), among others.
The study segments the gunshot detection system market on the basis of application (defense and homeland), installation type (fixed, vehicle mounted, and wearable), product type (indoor and outdoor), and the market has been studied for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and the Rest of the World.
Reasons to buy the report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis —industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the gunshot detection system market, high-growth regions and countries, government initiatives, and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights into the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the gunshot detection system market offered by the top 10 players in the market
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the gunshot detection system market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about emerging markets - the report analyses markets for gunshot detection systems across regions
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the gunshot detection system market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the gunshot detection system market