“Cost effective and energy efficient gas separation process is the prime factor for the growth of the gas separation membranes market”
The global gas separation membranes market is projected to reach USD 2.61 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 7.2%. The necessity for gas processing has provided growth opportunities for the gas separation membranes market the in refining, chemical, petrochemical, and manufacturing industries. The gas separation membrane technology is cost effective and energy efficient when compared to conventional technologies, such as cryogenic, absorption, and adsorption. The major restraint for the gas separation membranes market is the plasticization problem in polymeric membranes which make their use difficult in high-temperature applications.
“Polyimide & polyaramide is the largest material segment of the gas separation membranes market”
By material, the polyimide & polyaramide segment is the largest in the gas separation membranes market owing to its increasing usage in applications such as oxygen enrichment, hydrogen recovery, and carbon dioxide removal. Properties such as excellent chemical & thermal resistance and high selectivity also drive the segment’s growth.
“Rising demand in Asia Pacific is the major driver for the gas separation membranes market”
The Asia Pacific region is the largest as well as the fastest-growing gas separation membranes market. High economic growth rate, growing manufacturing industries, increasing foreign investments, and rise in the applications of gas separation membranes across nitrogen generation & oxygen enrichment, hydrogen recovery, carbon dioxide removal, vapor/gas separation, vapor/vapor separation, and air dehydration are some of the major factors expected to fuel the growth of the market in this region. Countries like China, India, and Japan, which are major producers of gas separation membranes, are expected to drive the growth of the market in the Asia Pacific region.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted.
The breakdown of primary interviews is given below.
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 33%, Tier 2 – 60%, and Tier 3 – 7%
• By Designation: C level – 56%, Director level – 33%, and Others – 11%
• By Region: North America – 25%, Europe – 17%, Asia Pacific – 42%, South America – 6%, and Middle East & Africa – 10%
The key companies profiled in this report include Ube Industries Ltd. (Japan), Air Liquide Advanced Separation LLC (US), Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (US), Generon IGS, Inc. (US), and Honeywell UOP LLC (US).
The market is segmented based on material, application, and region. This report covers the gas separation membranes market in terms of value and forecasts its market size till 2022. The report also provides company profiles and competitive strategies adopted by the key players in the global gas separation membranes market.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the gas separation membranes market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of revenues for the overall market and the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
2. It will help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. It will help stakeholders understand competitors and gain more insights to better their positions in the business. The competitive landscape section includes new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.