“The fly ash market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7%, in terms of value, from 2016 to 2021”
The fly ash market is projected to reach USD 5.97 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 5.7% between 2016 and 2021. This growth can be attributed to the growth in construction industry, increasing focus on infrastructure and road paving, problems related to dumping fly ash, promotion of fly ash by governments of various countries, and increasing focus on the use of environment-friendly products. Non-suitability of fly ash in cold weather concreting and decreasing share of thermal power in the energy mix are the restraints for the fly ash market.
“Based on type, the Class F segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR”
The use of Class F fly ash is mostly in Portland cement where it is used in mass concrete and high strength mixes. It is also suitable for concreting in summer as it moderates heat gain during concrete curing. The growth in the consumption of cement and cementitious materials from the construction sectors across the globe has driven the demand for Class F fly ash.
“Based on application, the bricks & blocks segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR”
Fly ash is ideal for manufacturing bricks, mosaic tiles, and hollow blocks. As fly ash bricks are lower in weight and around equal in strength compared to clay bricks, their demand is rising. With greater emphasis on green construction and increasing awareness regarding the benefits of fly ash concrete among builders and contractors, the demand for fly ash concrete in bricks & blocks application is expected to rise in the future.
“Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing fly ash market”
The Asia-Pacific fly ash market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2016 to 2021. The growing population in this region is placing a strain on the existing infrastructure and leading to the need for additional developments in the rail networks, residential buildings, and roadways. There is a significant need to invest in additional infrastructure to reduce the gap in the existing and the required infrastructure in the Asia-Pacific region. On a global level, the rising demand from the construction and infrastructure sectors will drive the fly ash market.
Profile break-up of primary participants for the report:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 42 %, Tier 2 – 25%, Tier 3 – 33%
• By Designation: C level – 33%, Director level – 25%, Others – 42%
• By Region: North America – 50%, Europe – 17%, Asia-Pacific – 25%, RoW – 8%
As a part of the qualitative analysis, this research study provides a comprehensive review of major market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges. The report defines, describes, and forecasts the fly ash market based on type, application, and region. It provides strategic analysis of micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, prospects, and their contribution to the overall market.
It also discusses the competitive strategies adopted by various market players, such as Boral Limited (Australia), Headwaters Inc. (U.S.), CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V. (Mexico), Lafarge North America Inc. (U.S.), Charah Inc. (U.S.), Separation Technologies LLC (U.S.), Aggregate Industries (U.K.), FlyAshDirect (U.S.), Salt River Materials Group (U.S.), and Ashtech (India) Pvt. Ltd. (India).
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis — industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the fly ash market, high-growth regions, and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on fly ash offered by the top market players
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insight on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the fly ash market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets – the report analyzes the markets for fly ash across regions
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the fly ash market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the fly ash market