The Europe brewing enzymes market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 5.0% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- The market is driven by its high demand in the beer and industrial enzyme market. Also, rising demand production and consumption of beer, along with the rising number of breweries in recent years across the region are fueling the growth of the market.
- Furthermore, the multinational players continue to make huge investments to grow their market coverage and collaborating with domestic operators, thus expanding the market for brewing enzymes. For instance, in July 2017, Kerry announced a new technology partnership with Ginkgo Bioworks, an organism company designing custom microbes for application markets to expand into the enzyme business, extending their market reach and leveraging each other’s technologies and processes to improve the production of specific enzymes used in food.
- However, the regulations imposed by regulatory bodies such as FDA, USDA, and EU for the ingredients used in the brewing industry across the region are expected to curb the market growth of brewing enzymes.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Number of Breweries in Europe
A rise in demand for low or no alcohol beers has resulted in the rise in the number of brewers in the region. According to The Brewers of Europe, beer production in 2018 was recorded to be nearly 39.7 billion liters, where Germany, the United Kingdom, and Poland were the three major producers. The number of active breweries in Europe rose by around 6,000 breweries in the last 10 years, and around 9,500 in the last 1,000 years. Among the 9,500 breweries, about three-fourth, that is 2430 are the microbreweries and SMEs (small and medium enterprises), which are mostly concentrated in Germany (1,492), France (1,100), Italy (868), and Spain (521).
Germany to Drive The Regional Market
The production and consumption of different types of beer, such as regular, flavored, gluten-free, low-calorie, low-alcoholic, non-alcoholic and other beers, and wine in Germany have been reported to grow significantly, thus boosting the growth of brewing enzymes market in the region. This is primarily due to the rising economic and income growth, along with the increasing disposable income in the European region. Furthermore, the small-scale domestic players have adopted strategies to expand their businesses globally by investing in the establishment of manufacturing facilities and technical service centers in various regions, thus improve their presence through intensive R&D infrastructure.
The European market for brewing enzymes is fragmented, owing to the presence of large regional and domestic players in different countries. Emphasis is given on the merger, expansion, acquisition, and partnership of the companies along with new product development as strategic approaches adopted by the leading companies to boost their brand presence among consumers. Key players dominating the European market include Amano Enzyme Inc., ABF Ingredients, DuPont de Nemours, Inc., and DSM among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support