“Global embolic protection devices market projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.3%”
The global embolic protection devices market is projected to reach USD 604.9 million by 2023 from USD 405.5 million in 2018, at a CAGR of 8.3% during the forecast period. Factors such as the rising incidence of cardiovascular and neurovascular diseases, growing funding and investments, launch of technologically advanced embolic protection devices, and rising demand for minimally invasive procedures are expected to drive the growth of the market. However, product failure and recalls may restrain market growth to a certain extent.
“By type & material, the distal filters market & nitinol market held the largest market share in 2017”
By type, the global embolic protection devices market is segmented into distal filter devices, distal occlusion devices & proximal occlusion devices. By material, the global embolic protection devices market is segmented into plastic nitinol and polyurethane. In 2017, the distal filters segment dominated the embolic protection devices market by type and Nitinol dominated the embolic protection material market.
“By indication, the transcatheter aortic valve replacement segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
On the basis of indication, the market is categorized into percutaneous coronary intervention, transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), carotid artery diseases, saphenous vein graft disease, and other indications. The transcatheter aortic valve replacement segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of this segment is driven by factors such as growing geriatric population, increasing obese population, increasing prevalence of aortic stenosis in heart patients, and rising demand for minimally invasive procedures.
“North America is expected to grow at the largest share during the forecast period (2018-2023)”
North America dominated the embolic protection devices market in 2017, followed by Europe. In North America, the US is expected to hold the largest share of the embolic protection devices market due to the rising prevalence of cardiovascular and neurovascular diseases, increasing adoption of minimally invasive techniques, increasing availability of funding to develop novel products, and the strong presence of device manufacturers in the country.
Break of primary participants was as mentioned below:
• By Company Type – Tier 1–45%, Tier 2–30% and Tier 3–25%
• By Designation – C-level–45%, Director Level–32%, Others–23%
• By Region – North America–46%, Europe–27%, Asia-Pacific–20%, Latin America–4%, Middle East & Africa- 3%
The major players in the embolic protection devices market are Boston Scientific (US), Medtronic (Ireland), Abbott (US), Cordis (A Cardinal Health Company) (US), Allium Medical (Israel), Contego Medical (US), W.L. Gore & Associates (US), Silk Road Medical (US), Claret Medical (US), and AngioSlide (Israel).
The embolic protection devices market in this report is segmented by type & material, application, indication, end user, and region. It provides detailed information regarding major factors influencing the market growth (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges). The study tracks and analyzes competitive developments (such as partnerships, agreements, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, product development, geographical expansions, and R&D activities) and strategically profiles the key players and comprehensively analyzes their market shares and core competencies in the embolic protection devices market.
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report focuses on various levels of analysis—market share analysis of top players and company profiles which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the embolic protection devices market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities. The report provides the latest industry statistics and trends, allowing buyers to identify the high-growth product segments, potential customers, and suppliers hence driving revenue growth and profitability.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on embolic devices offered by the top players in the global embolic protection devices market
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and product launches in the embolic protection devices market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets – the report analyzes the markets for embolic protection devices market across regions
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global embolic protection devices market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global embolic protection devices market