The global dry shampoo market is forecasted to witness a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- The market is mainly driven by the basic feature of the product, which is the absorption of excess oil and grease and provides a shiny look. Also, the rising consumer preference for waterless products around the world is fueling the global market.
- Furthermore, along with the increasing demand for the product in supermarkets and hypermarkets, increasing internet penetration, online market for the purchase of personal care products including shampoos has seen rapid growth globally in the last 3-4 years. This category has attracted a few vertical specialists like Amazon, Walmart, Carrefour, etc. who are riding on increasing e-retailing growth and vying for a significant pie in online personal care products space. Also, increasing the influence of digital beauty bloggers, providing exposure to new and niche brands, is supporting market growth across the world.
Key Market Trends
Rising Demand for Convenient Hair Care Products For Busier Lifestyle
Most of the companies have started branding and advertising dry shampoo as convenience products that been easily used on-the-go. For instance, Church & Dwight marketed its female-centric dry shampoo highlighting its lesser usage time as compared to other shampoos. Since the number of employed women in the United States increased sharply at a CAGR of 0.77% in the period 2000-2018, from being 63.59 million in 2000 to 73.06 million in 2018, so did the demand for convenient haircare products. Thus, increasing female employment rate and busier lifestyle are forecasted to drive the market for dry shampoo owing to the portability and convenience that they offer.
Europe Being the Largest Market For Global Dry Shampoo Market
Europe has been witnessed to have the largest market for the global dry shampoo market. Organic and natural products are emerging as significant product segments in the European hair care market. With rising awareness regarding scalp-related issues and hair-fall, consumers are increasingly inclining towards herbal and natural hair care solutions. A few companies have come up with organic solutions in the dry shampoo market. For instance, ACURE ORGANICS offers dry shampoos that have natural ingredients such as argan stem cells, arrowroot powder, and kaolin clay. Currently, Europe is leading the way due to increasing organic products and new product launches.
The global dry shampoo market faces high competition, with the majority of market share being held by leading players including Procter & Gamble and Unilever. The key players are focusing on product development, online distribution channels, strategic expansions, advertisement, and branding of their products, in order to expand their geographic reach and consumer-base. The leading companies are also investing heavily in R&D to ensure high-quality products. The launch of new products and strategic expansions to untapped geographies are the preferred strategies of players operating in the market. Leading manufacturers in the dry shampoo market are focusing on leveraging the opportunities posed by the emerging markets of Asia-Pacific, such as India, in order to expand their revenue base.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support