The demulsifier market is expected to witness a CAGR of over 4%, during the forecast period. One of the main factors driving the market is the growing demand from the increasing production of crude oil. However, strict environmental regulation on the use of chemical demulsifiers is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- By application, a demulsifier from the crude oil processing plant is expected to dominate the market, over the forecast period.
- The growing demand for biodegradable polymer-based demulsifier is likely to act as an opportunity for the market studied in the future.
- The Middle-East and African region is expected to dominate the market, with the largest consumption from countries, such as Saudi Arabia, Iran, and the United Arab Emirates.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from Increasing Production of Crude Oil
- Demulsifiers, or emulsion breakers, are a class of specialty chemical that is used to separate emulsions. They are commonly used in the processing of crude oil, which is typically produced, along with significant quantities of saline water.
- Demulsifiers are surface-active agents, which act to neutralize the effect of emulsifying agents and act on the emulsion by flocculation of oil droplets, dropping of water, and coalescence of the water droplets.
- Additionally, demulsifiers are used in the chemical analysis of oil and synthetic muds and to treat produced hydrocarbons.
- According to the US Energy Information of America, global petroleum and liquid fuel demand are expected to rise by less than 0.4 million b/d in 2020, and by 1.7 million b/d in 2021.
- Furthermore, owing to the above-mentioned factors, the application of demulsifiers from crude oil processing is likely to dominate the market studied, during the forecast period.
Middle-East and Africa to Dominate the Market Studied
- Middle-East and Africa is expected to dominate the market for demulsifier, during the forecast period. The rising demand for demulsifiers from crude oil production in countries, like Saudi Arabia and South Africa, is expected to drive the demand for demulsifier in this region.
- The largest producers of demulsifiers are located in Middle-East and Africa. Some of the leading companies in the production demulsifier are Baker Hughes Company, Schlumberger Limited, Halliburton Company, Clariant AG, and Ecolab Inc., among others.
- According to current estimates of the US Energy Information of America, 79.4% of the world's proven oil reserves are located in the OPEC countries, with the bulk of OPEC oil reserves in the Middle East, amounting to 64.5% of the OPEC's total.
- Africa’s share of global oil production has slightly increased by 0. 3% since last year to 8.7% standing at 8.1 million bbl/day. The main contributors continue to be Nigeria, Angola, Algeria, and Egypt.
- Owing to the above-mentioned factors, the demulsifier market in Middle-East and Africa is projected to grow significantly, during the forecast period.
The global demulsifier market is partially fragmented in nature, with only a few major players dominating the market. Some of the major companies are Baker Hughes Company, Schlumberger Limited, Halliburton Company, Clariant AG, and Ecolab Inc., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support