The Canada automotive parts zinc die casting market is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 2.5%, during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- The usage of zinc die casting is almost 28% in the automotive industry, for applications, like inertia disks, retractor gears, etc., followed by the building and hardware sectors. Along with merits, like resistance, versatility, toughness, and low cost, zinc die casting produces low-level emissions in air and water.
- In order to reduce automobile emissions and increase fuel efficiency, CAFÉ standards and EPA policies are driving the automakers to reduce the weight of the automobile, by employing lightweight non-ferrous metals. Employing die-cast parts as a weight reduction strategy is a major driver for the automotive segment of the market. Although heavier than aluminum, the lower cost of these parts and higher intricacy allowance make them more suitable in certain applications.
- As compared to other die casting parts, zinc die casting parts are usually equipped with better mechanical properties, like toughness, and offer higher surface finish and lower thermal shock during casting (as a result of their lower operating temperature).
- The market witnesses opportunities in the form of the increasing electric vehicle sales, which require higher density of lightweight components. Major companies, like Dynacast, are focusing on identifying affordable raw materials and alloys that offer better durability.
Key Market Trends
Rising Demand for Vacuum Die Casting and Enactment of Stringent Emission Regulations
Globally, countries have formulated stringent emission norms to cater to the cause of reducing global warming. Efforts are being made by governments worldwide, to minimize the negative effects of global warming and reduce the carbon footprint.
A number of countries are implementing emission standards, OEMs worldwide are expected to explore new technologies that help in reducing emission in automobiles. The freight companies and fleet owners are extensively moving toward technologies, which are expected to reduce the average emission rate.
Earlier, pressure die casting was the majorly employed production process. However, the vacuum die casting process has been gaining popularity over the past couple of years, due to its better welding characteristics, higher mechanical strength, and lower gas porosity.
Pressure Die Casting Captures the Market
Owing to the advantages offered by the process of pressure die casting over other casting methods the players in the industry are investing to expand their operations in the country for fulfilling the demand of aluminum parts for automotive in the country.
Using the pressure die casting technique high volumes of parts can be produced with high accuracy over other process also the process is cost effective and less time consuming and other advantages and the demand in the country is enabling the major players in the country to invest heavily and expand their operations. For instance,
In February 2020, Midland Pressure Diecasting (MPD) completed a £250,000 investment drive by boosting its aluminum and zinc casting output via the purchase of automated machines and an additional new ‘Frech’ die casting machine.
The automotive parts zinc die casting market is majorly dominated by few players Dynacast, Brillcast Manufacturing LLC, Pace Industries, Sandhar Technologies Ltd, Ashok Minda Group, and Kemlows Die Casting Products Ltd, among others.
The companies are focusing on providing the best quality products to the customers, by investing in RandD projects and conducting certification programs. For instance,Sandhar Technologies Ltd objective is to be the leader in its chosen products and processes, be the trusted partner in the growth of the stakeholders, offer competitive prices to the customers through technical innovations and process standardization, have a strong RandD base to ensure high quality, provide services that enhance customer satisfaction, create benchmarks for all sets of industries, and be a socially accountable organization.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support