The medical aesthetic devices market in Brazil has gained a lot of momentum in recent years. According to the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 2018 report, Brazil has the most number of nonsurgical procedures in the world. Obesity is one of the key factors that has been driving the growth of the market. Moreover, technological advancements in the field have made devices and instruments more precise and safer. Medical tourism in the South American countries has also increased, which has also helped the market growth in Brazil. These factors have helped the market growth.
- However, concerns and social stigma of these surgeries and poor reimbursement scenarios have been restraining the market growth.
Key Market Trends
Body Contouring and Cellulite Reduction Segment is Expected to Register High Growth in the Forecast Period
- Body contouring, or body sculpting, refers to surgical procedures that improve the appearance of skin and tissue after major weight loss. Body contouring surgeries can include panniculectomy (removal of excess skin in the lower abdominal region), abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), liposuction and excisional body lifts, such as a lower body lift, arm lift (Brachioplasty), inner thigh lift or buttock augmentation.
- As per reports by the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery of 2018, Liposuction is the most performed surgery in Brazil and is increasing steadily. This is expected to help the market growth in the country.
- Brazil is a developing country and is categorized in upper middle income group as per World Health Organization. As a result, the market is very lucrative, which has resulted in many global players entering the Brazilian market.
- Allergan PLC, Bausch & Lomb Incorporated, Hologic Inc., Lumenis Inc. and Cutera Inc. are some of the major players in the Brazil Asthetic Devices market. Moreover, as Brazil is a upper-middle income developing region, more global players have had keen interest in the region, making it very competitive.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support