The Automotive Dashboard Market is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 7% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- The adoption of advanced driver assistance systems coupled and the increasing levels of electrification in vehicles are transforming the dashboard of both passenger and commercial vehicles. The role of infotainment systems will become primary for the smooth operation of the vehicle and ensuring safety, security and comfort of the passenger.
- With the evolution of technology, dashboards will undergo significant changes soon provisioning an enormous scope for market expansion. Digitization of dashboard has emerged as one of the significant trends in the market as these systems give greater control over the vehicle to the passenger, making it an attractive feature.
- The trends in the automotive industry such as the connected vehicles, autonomous vehicles and electric vehicles will shift the focus of automakers to interiors for product differentiation to increase the market growth.
- The market for infotainment systems will be further strengthened by investment being made by automakers and tech companies. For example, on September 14th, 2017, Samsung Electronics co, ltd. has announced a strategic partnership with TTTech and has promised to invest around USD 90 million for the development of autonomous and ADAS technologies.
- Dashboards are expected to play a vital role in connected cars such navigation, driving assist systems and autonomous emergency braking systems.
Key Market Trends
Technological Developments Creating Demand for LCD Dashboards
Digital dashboards demand will be largely dependent on sales of premium and luxury vehicles as these new products are expected to be inflated and hence inclusion of these systems in vehicles other premium and luxury variants is not financially feasible.
With the advancements in technology, newly introduced dashboards currently also integrate display of gauges, and controls as well as information, climate control, and entertainment systems. Few vehicles include tachometer, speedometer, fuel gauge, odometer, gearshift position indicator, turn indicators, seat belt warning light, engine-malfunction lights, parking-brake warning light, indicators for low fuel, low tire pressure and faults in the airbag, low oil pressure, entertainment equipment and information systems and much more.
The demand for passenger vehicles is typically high, attributed to increase in per capita income. Also, customization of dashboard in their personal vehicles is driving the market.
Also, aftermarket has been driving in recent years. One significant example of this is Chevrolet offering both exterior and interior upgrades.
A major factor related to the automotive dashboard camera market is the thermal noise of these devices. Noise reduction is essential in automotive systems as the image quality is directly impacted by these parameters. Component manufacturers are working on developing Ethernet cameras, which are capable of reducing the thermal noise to a huge extent. These cameras need a memory card for storage space, which will lead to recurring costs for buying memory cards.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
Today, the cars are all about comfort, luxury and technologies. One of the most expensive and a selling point for any luxury car is technology and OEMs are incorporating all of the vehicle’s technology in dashboards.
The Chinese economy is growing, and the disposable income of the middle-class consumers is also increasing. This, in turn, reflects positively on the growing demand for vehicles. Over the past five years, owing to the low production costs in the country, the demand for vehicle production has gone up drastically. In 2017, 24,961,948 units of passenger vehicles were sold in China, compared to 24,376,902 units in 2016. However, in 2018, the country witnessed a decline in vehicle sales by 3%, owing to trade tensions and shaky consumer confidence.
Presently, people are not only being concerned about the technologies in dashboards but also about the touch, look and overall feel of the dashboard. In order to make the interior more attractive, luxurious car makers are offering dashboards with high-end upholstery.
Alcantara is one of the most luxurious fabric which is being offered by Luxury OEMs in dashboard. Luxury brands such as Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Bugatti, McLaren, Lamborghini, Porsche, Audi, Lexus, BMW, Maserati and Jaguar all make use of Alcantara, but the material has also been featured in more mainstream models from the likes of Dodge, Nissan and Subaru.
Majority of the cars which are being sold in United states are featured with Alcantara fabric on dashboard. The U.S. currently accounts for 10% of Alcantara’s global sales. Europe’s share stands at more than 60%, while the Asia Pacific region along with other emerging markets accounts for nearly 30%.
Alcantara’s use within the auto industry has grown by 15 percent or more in each of the past seven years, compared to a growth rate of just two percent for leather.
Moreover, irrespective of the decline in IC engine vehicle sales and slow growth, auto component and vehicle manufacturers are continually working towards improving the driving experience. These factors will increase the dasboard market in the region.
The Automotive Dashboard system is dominated with several players such as Johnson Controls International PLC, Faurecia SE, Visteon Corporation, ABB Ltd., and Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd. These Companies are expanding their business by innovative dashboard systems, so that they can have edge over their competitors.
- In February 2018, Samsung Electronics had launched its digital cockpit for connected cars in collaboration with HARMAN. The platform combines 5G and IoT technology to enhance safety, comfort and improve connectivity between vehicles and other technologies.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support