“Growing number of electronic systems in passenger cars, government mandates, and industry norms to reduce emission and improve the safety of vehicles are expected to fuel the demand for the automotive communication technology market”
The global automotive communication technology market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 16.7% during the forecast period, from USD 6.78 billion in 2018 to USD 19.99 billion by 2025. Increasing demand for automotive safety systems supported by government mandates and increasing number of electrical systems in the vehicle are driving the growth of the automotive communication technology market. However, increasing complexity and less reliability of electronics architecture can restrain the growth of the automotive communication technology market. The emergence of autonomous vehicles is expected to create opportunities for the automotive communication technology market in the coming years. On the other hand, factors such as high maintenance cost and troubleshooting for vehicle network architecture can pose challenges for the automotive communication technology market.
“Ethernet segment to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period”
The automotive communication technology market for Ethernet is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. It is followed by FlexRay, local interconnect network (LIN), controller area network (CAN), and media oriented systems transport (MOST). The growth of Ethernet segment is driven by the increasing number of nodes in various applications.
“Asia Pacific to lead the automotive communication technology market during the forecast period”
The Asia Pacific region is estimated to hold the largest share of the global automotive communication technology market in 2018. Government mandates regarding the installation of advanced safety technologies and increasing awareness of green vehicles among people are expected to drive the growth of the automotive communication technology market in the Asia Pacific region.
The study contains insights of various industry experts, ranging from component suppliers to Tier 1 companies and OEMs. The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 65%, Tier 2 – 20%, Tier 3– 15%
• By Designation: C-level – 55%, D-level – 35%, Others – 10%
• By Region: Asia Pacific – 35%, Europe – 45%, North America – 15%, RoW – 5%
Major players profiled in the report are:
• Robert Bosch (Germany)
• Toshiba (Japan)
• Broadcom (US)
• Texas Instruments (US)
• NXP (Netherlands)
• STMicroelectronics (Switzerland)
• Infineon (Germany)
• Renesas (Japan)
• On Semiconductor (US)
• Microchip (US)
• Continental (Germany)
• Cypress Semiconductor (US)
• Rohm Semiconductor (Japan)
• Xilinx (US)
• Melexis (Belgium)
• Elmos Semiconductor (Germany)
• Vector Informatik (Germany)
• Intel (US)
• Maxim Integrated (US)
• Qualcomm (US)
The report segments the automotive communication technology market and forecasts its size, by volume and value, on the basis of region (Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, and RoW), bus module [local interconnect network (LIN), controller area network (CAN), FlexRay, media oriented systems transport (MOST), and ethernet], application (powertrain, body control & comfort, infotainment & communication, and safety & ADAS), and vehicle class (economy, mid-size, and luxury). The qualitative analysis of advanced features is also provided.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
This report contains various levels of analysis, including industry analysis (industry trends, technology overview, and competitive leadership mapping) and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the emerging and high-growth segments of the automotive communication technology market, competitive landscape matrix, high-growth regions and countries, government initiatives, and market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
The report enables new entrants and small firms as well as established firms to understand the market better to help them acquire a larger market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below mentioned 4 strategies (market development, product development/innovation, market diversification, and competitive assessment) to strengthen their position in the market.
The report provides insights into the following points:
• Market Penetration: The report offers comprehensive information about the automotive communication technology market and the top 12 players in the market.
• Product Development/Innovation: The report provides detailed insights into upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the automotive communication technology market.
• Market Development: The report offers comprehensive information about the automotive communication technology market. The report analyzes the automotive communication technology market across regions and provides comprehensive information about lucrative and emerging markets.
• Market Diversification: The report provides exhaustive information about new products, untapped regional markets, recent developments, and investments in the automotive communication technology market.