The Asia-Pacific Automotive Actuators Market is expected to register a CAGR of 8.8% during the forecast period, 2020 - 2025.
- Currently, the market for automotive actuators is primarily driven by rising automation and digitalization. Increased demand for fuel efficiency and growing demand for comfort, especially in passenger vehicles, is driving the growth of the Asia-Pacific Automotive Electric Actuators market.
- Nowadays, passenger cars are equipped with motors with various applications such as seat adjustment, Throttle, brakes, headlight positioning, and HVAC systems. Engine actuator maximizes the potential of modern engine management, offering consistency and improved performance, thus reducing CO2 emissions from vehicles of all classes. As a result, automotive actuators will continue to experience a higher deployment in various automotive applications.
- The increasing demand for fuel-efficient vehicles, along with the rising demand for advanced actuator products, among the buyers, is compelling the major manufacturers to invest in RandD activities. Electric vehicles in the region have gone up, which will have a positive impact on the Automotive Electric Actuators Market.
Key Market Trends
Seat Adjustment to Witness Faster Growth
Passenger and commercial vehicles' sales continue to grow, and the OEMs have made interiors one of the main areas of focus to improve passengers' safety and comfort. As a part of that effort, actuators have garnered significant attention, to make seats more comfortable and smarter.
Actuators are used in seats, for adjusting lumbar support systems, seat positioning, angles, and for seat track actuators. Several types of automotive seat adjustment actuators are available in the market. These include geared motors for recliner adjustment, double output shaft for track drives, and linear actuators for height and tilt adjustments.
Also, there is a rise in the sales of SUVs and premium vehicles globally; the seat adjustment actuator segment of the market is expected to expand further. The OEMs have been deploying electronic systems to control almost every part of an automobile, to enhance the experience of passengers.
Nowadays, electric actuators offer noise emission, compact and lightweight design, and flexible installation options. As a result, electric actuators have replaced pneumatic and hydraulic actuators due to lesser comfort factors. Electric actuators are widely used in seat adjustment, offering precise actuation compared to hydraulic and pneumatic actuators.
China Dominates the Market
China dominates the Asia-Pacific automotive actuator market with the largest revenue share during the forecast period, largely due to its growing population increasing annual sales of automobiles. The use of automotive actuators has improved the availability of affordable, small-sized cars, which provide reduced fuel consumption and increased vehicle mileage. China has also proven as the leading automotive components producer in large volumes at a lower cost, which provides it a competitive edge over other countries. The country has increased its market share significantly since the early 2000s and held the highest market share of more than 50% in APAC's automotive actuators in 2014.
Demand for passenger cars and LCVs in China is expected to grow during the forecast period, leading to high demand for automotive actuators in China. The country is home to more than 500 automotive actuator manufacturers, with a massive presence of regional players. The increased penetration of passenger vehicles over the last three years in the region has driven the growth of the automotive aftermarket. It has helped significantly in the growth of the Asia-Pacific automotive actuator market.
The overall market for actuators in China is witnessing a high industrial growth rate, primarily due to an ever-increasing demand for heat exchangers because of their diverse applications. The need for automotive actuators depends on several factors, such as the production and demand for automobiles and the number of vehicles on the road. In the emerging and developing nations such as China, the need for the automotive actuator is driven by the production of new cars.
The Asia-Pacific Automotive Actuators Market is fragmented with various startups and regional players such as Robert Bosch GmbH, Nidec Corporation, Denso Corporation, Johnson Electric, and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation. Although to have the edge over its competitors, the major actuators manufacturing companies are making joint-ventures, partnerships to launch newer products.
In 2019, Progressive Automations introduced a wide range of electric linear actuators models. The electric linear actuators have unique capabilities for possible versatile applications. The linear actuator manufacturer offers 12V models covered with an 18-month warranty. Besides, consumers have an opportunity to customize the chosen model for specific demands, including voltage, force, stroke length, dimensions, and feedback control.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support