Africa And Middle-East Automotive Pneumatic Actuator Market is anticipated a register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- The growth of fuel-efficient vehicles and the inclusion of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), majorly braking and throttle systems (like adaptive cruise control (ACC) and autonomous emergency braking features), in new vehicles and existing vehicles, are the major driving factors for the automotive actuator market.
- Owing to the rising penetration and replacement rate of the pneumatic actuator with pure electric and electro-pneumatic actuator, the market studied is expected to grow at a slow rate, especially for the passenger car segment.
- However, demand for the automotive pneumatic actuator in the commercial vehicle segment is expected to grow due to an increase in production and sales of trucks and semi-trailers globally.
- The use of fuel injection actuators and throttle actuators in diesel engine vehicles help comply with the Euro VI standard. The market for actuators for fuel injection that are directly related to diesel engines is expected to grow with the development of advanced diesel engines.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand for Throttle Actuators
Conventional diesel engines implement sophisticated fuel management systems, such as integrated throttle control units. These engines are popular due to their increased efficiency, enhanced functionality, increased operational safety, and reduced carbon emissions.
Autonomous throttle control actuator is being implemented in the latest 2018 Audi A8 which consists of radar, electronic sensors, and cameras integrated to the actuators to control vehicle speed, without the driver having to pay attention or keep their hands on the wheel.
Advanced throttle actuators provide the ability to integrate control with other vehicle functions. These systems in SUVs allow the engine speed to be monitored for smooth driving over different terrains.
Products, such as the Electronic Throttle Control 12 by Continental, have high performance, low weight in a small package, low leakage, and are capable of turbo applications, due to their high torque.
Failures in throttle actuators systems have occurred, such as accidents reported in cars by Tesla and Toyota due to faulty sensors that may lead to a lack of response from the throttle actuators, due to high resistance to acceleration given by the driver
Saudi Arabia to Dominate the Automotive Pneumatic Actuator Market
In Saudi Arabia, commercial vehicle sales increased from 4.16 million units in 2017 to 4.37 million units in 2018. This increase can be attributed to diesel vehicles meeting the emission standards from January 2018, along with the rising demand for commercial vehicles. The increase in demand for commercial vehicles can be attributed to an increase in construction and industrial activity, road freight movement.
Some of the key players in the supply of automotive actuators globally are Denso International, Hella Automotive, Robert Bosch, Mitsuba Corporation.
The most prominent actuator application in the region is wiper motors, power window motors, door actuators, seat motors, and brake actuators. Rear door actuators and body actuators are the other types of actuators most commonly used in a passenger vehicle in the region.
Stringent emission rules by the government for the reduction of emission and fuel consumption are leading to the use of electric vehicles. This reduces the market for fuel-powered vehicles, in which actuators are used.
Some of the major manufacturers in the automotive actuator market include Bosch Rexroth AG, Nidec Corporation, Denso Corporation, Emerson Electric Co, SMC Corporation of America, amongst others.
The demand for advanced actuator products among the buyers is compelling the major manufacturers to invest in RandD activities.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support