Aesthetic lasers market is driven by increasing beauty consciousness, increasing obese population, increasing awareness regarding aesthetic lasers, rising adoption of minimally invasive devices, and technological advancements. According to American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) 2018 report, it was reported that 1,077,490 of Laser hair removal surgeries, 594,266 of Laser skin resurfacing surgeries and 217,836 of Laser treatment of leg veins surgeries were performed in the United States. However, high cost of the aesthetic lasers and stringent safety regulations for aesthetic procedure are acting as the restraints for the market globally. According to the estimates of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons in 2017, the average cost of laser skin resurfacing is USD 2,124 for ablative and USD 1,114 for non-ablative.
Key Market Trends
Hair Removal segment holds significant market share
- Laser hair removal is one of the highly popular aesthetic procedures. The intense pulsed light (IPL) and laser devices are widely accepted and effective dermatology procedures for unwanted hair removal and treatment of a variety of cutaneous conditions.
- Neodymium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet (Nd:YAG) has the least overall hair removal efficiency whereas the alexandrite and diode lasers are extensively used. But because of the longer wavelength, the Nd:YAG is highly used for the pigmented skin.
- As per the 2017, Plastic Surgery Statistics Report, the physician cost is between USD 250 to USD 500 in the United States for laser hair removal. Further, over 1.0 million procedures are performed each year.
- According to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the laser devices for hair removal has been classified as a class II device. However, as per the FDA, its popularity has grown significantly in the recent past prompting many manufacturers to conduct high research and seek FDA approval.
- This field has evolved gradually with several specialized companies, such as SEV laser Aesthetics and Atlantic Coast Aesthetics, expanding IPL treatments for various services. The trend is expected to observe moderate to high growth in developed countries.
Asia Pacific is the fastest growing region in Global Aesthetic Lasers Market
According to Plastic Surgery Statistics Report 2018, the laser skin resurfacing procedures were increased from 587,903 in 2017 to 594,266 in 2018. Moreover, the other laser resurfacing procedures such as tattoo removal, vascular lesions and hair removal are increasing demand.
Furthermore, owing to the increasing demand, market players are focusing on new product developments and launches to expand their market share in the country. For instance, in July 2019, Cynosure has lunched two new products that expand the Company’s growing portfolio TempSure Firm handpiece and a petite mask for SculpSure submental treatments. The TempSure Firm handpiece is the latest addition to the TempSure platform. It delivers monopolar radiofrequency energy through unique massage heads to gently heat tissue and temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite.
In July 2017, Alma Lasers launched ALMA-Q, the most powerful and triple mode Nd:YAG laser treatment solution, available for laser tattoo removal and other dermal indications in the United States. Hence, the market for aesthetic lasers in United states is projected to have significant market growth over forecast period.
Aesthetic Lasers have revolutionized the beauty industry, providing significant results with minimal invasiveness
In October 2018, Lumenis Ltd launched, SPLENDOR X, the first solid state laser system equipped with the unique BLEND X technology, for fast and effective hair removal and skin solutions.
Some of the major players in the global Aesthetic Lasers market are Alma Lasers, CANDELA CORPORATION, Cutera, Cynosure, IRIDEX Corp., Jeisys Corporation, Lumenis, Quanta System, Sciton, Inc., Solta Medical Inc. etc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support