“High level of quality control and inspection standards offered by 3D laser scanners and emerging market for 3D printers across the globe are expected to drive the 3D laser scanner market”
The 3D laser scanner market is expected to be worth USD 3.74 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 8.18% between 2017 and 2022. 3D laser scanners are the devices that can capture and measure the geometry of a physical object or the environment using lasers. The data captured by these scanners, known as point clouds, is used by software to produce 3D models, which can be utilized for various applications including reverse engineering, quality control & inspection, and virtual simulation, among others. Moreover, the high level of quality control and inspection standards offered by 3D lasers scanners is fueling the market. However, the high cost of 3D laser scanners and the availability and affordability of traditional alternatives to 3D laser scanning are expected to be the major restraints affecting the growth of the said market.
“The short range 3D laser scanner market is likely to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
3D laser scanners that have a scanning range of less than 1 meter are considered as short-range 3D laser scanners. These scanners offer a high degree of accuracy and real-time visualization of 3D scanning data. The growing number of manufacturing plants create a scope for short-range 3D laser scanners in the quality control & inspection application. Thus, the market for short-range 3D laser scanner is expected to grow at the highest CAGR throughout the forecast period.
“3D laser scanner market in APAC to grow at the highest CAGR”
On a global level, APAC is expected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The APAC region is a potential market for 3D laser scanners as this region comprises developing economies, such as China and India, which have a huge potential for the 3D scanning applications. Some of the major drivers which are responsible for the growing demand for 3D laser scanners in the APAC region include the rising number of engineering and infrastructure projects, increasing preference for custom implants in medical applications to ensure better and faster recovery, increasing number of manufacturing plants in the emerging countries, and increasing number of dental restoration surgeries.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments obtained through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with officials from the key players. The breakup of the profile of primaries has been given below:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 = 25 %, Tier 2 = 35%, and Tier 3 = 40%
• By Designation: C-Level Executives = 35%, Directors = 25%, and Others = 40%
• By Region: Europe = 43%, APAC = 29%, North America = 14%, and RoW = 14%
The key players in the 3D laser scanner market profiled in the report are as follows:
1. FARO Technologies, Inc., (US)
2. Hexagon AB (Sweden)
3. Creaform (Canada)
4. Perceptron, Inc. (US)
5. Nikon Metrology NV (Belgium)
6. Trimble Inc. (US)
7. Topcon Corporation (Japan)
8. 3D Digital Corporation (US)
9. Riegl Laser Measurement Systems GmbH (Austria)
10. Carl Zeiss Optotechnik GmbH (Germany)
The report studies the 3D laser scanner market segmented on the basis range, product, application, offering, and end user. It also includes the forecast of the market size, in terms of value, with respect to four main geographical regions, namely, the Americas, Europe, APAC, and RoW. The study identifies and analyzes the market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges for the market. It also profiles the key players operating in 3D laser scanner market and describes the overall value chain of the market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
1. The report would help the stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
2. This report would help stakeholders to understand their competitors better and gain more insights to enhance their position in the market. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem and the recent development startegies adopted by the key players in the market, which include new product launches and developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions.