Middle ear infections are common in kids, which are often caused by a viral or bacterial infection, and delay in diagnosis and treatment may result in complications, such as delays in speech and language development and deafness.
- A middle ear infection, also called otitis media is inflammation located in the middle ear that occurs as a result of a cold, sore throat or respiratory infection. This infection occurs mostly in infants and children under two years of age.
- According to a study published in 2017, approximately 2.2 million diagnosed cases of otitis media with effusion (OME) occur annually in the United States, yielding a combined direct and indirect annual cost estimate of USD 4 billion.
- Tympanostomy tube insertion is the most common surgical procedure for treating children with otic disorders. Hence, with the rising prevalence of ear infection, companies have been focusing more on the development of tympanostomy products, which may drive the studied market's growth over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Tube Inserters Segment is Expected to Show Better Growth in the Forecast Years
Based on product, the market studied is segmented into tube inserters and tympanostomy tubes. The high growth of the tube inserters segment is mainly attributed to their increased adoption rate among ENT surgeons, and the rising prevalence of ear infection. The introduction of new tube insertion devices that can be used in physician offices without general anesthesia and an increase in adoption for disposable tube insertion devices for patient safety are anticipated to propel the segment's growth. Furthermore, other factors, such as the increasing awareness and the rising number of otitis media cases in children, are also expected to fuel the studied market's growth in the forecast period.
North America holds the Largest Share in the Tympanostomy Products Market
The tympanostomy products market holds the largest share in the North American region, due to the high prevalence of otitis media infection; tympanostomy tube insertion is one of the most commonly performed surgical procedures among children in the United States. Furthermore, with the rising adoption of technologically advanced tympanostomy products and well-developed infrastructure, the market studied is expected to grow in the forecast period.
The market studied is moderately competitive, and there are several international as well as local companies that are present in this market studied. The global players into the tympanostomy products market are Adept Medical Ltd, Atos Medical, EON Meditech Pvt. Ltd, Grace Medical, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, KOKEN Co. Ltd, Medtronic PLC, and Olympus Corporation.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support