Global Trehalose Market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.34% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Trehalose is a disaccharide made up of two molecules of glucose. It is a non-reducing sugar with similar chemical structure and characteristics to those of sucrose.
- Trehalose is considered useful by the food industry due to its ability to withstand acids and high heat. It holds a generally recognized as safe status given by the US Food and Drug Administration and a status of novel food from the European Union (EU). The sweetness potency of trehalose is half as compared to table sugar (sucrose) and it has a similar glycemic index.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand for Frozen Food
Many consumers are increasingly looking for a convenient frozen dessert-based snack, which delivers health benefits, tastes good, and offers a healthy snacking experience. Also, some of the major factors driving the market are by rising disposable income, the introduction of longer shelf-life products, increasing impulse purchasing, and huge demand for frozen food products, due to the lack of time. The market evolved from selling raw foods, such as frozen meat, fish, vegetables, and fruits to prepared foods and frozen vegetable mixes (with meat, rice, and pasta), frozen desserts, and bakery products. Ice creams and cakes emerged as the leading product category in this market. The factors affecting the market’s growth include flavors, including sweetness, fat content, and texture. This in turn, boosting the trehalose market, owing to its major consumption in frozen food products.
Asia-Pacific Witnessing Significant Market Growth
The trehalose market in the North America holds major share in terms of revenue in the market studied and is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period. Rising demand for trehalose in food & beverage and pharmaceutical industries owing to rapid urbanization in the region is expected drive revenue growth in North America region over the forecast period. The Asia Pacific trehalose market is projected to grow at a faster rate in the market studied over the forecast period, owing to presence of key players in the region. Increasing disposable income and spending power of individuals coupled with growing population in countries in the region, which in turn surge demand for food & beverage, pharmaceuticals, and cosmetics industry and is expected to drive growth of the Asia Pacific trehalose market during the forecast period.
Some of the major key players in the trehalose market, globally includes Hayashibara Co., Ltd, Life Sciences Advanced Technologies, Cargill Inc, Shanghai Danfan Network Science & Technology Co., Ltd. among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support