The surgical mask and respirators market studied is anticipated to register a CAGR of nearly 5.2%, during the forecast period.
- Certain factors that are driving the market growth include increasing number of surgeries and surge in epidemic and pandemic outbreaks. The prevalence of chronic diseases is increasing across the world, due to the rapidly aging population and greater longevity of people with chronic conditions, eventually leading to tremendous pressure on the healthcare system all across the world. Since surgery addresses a broad spectrum of conditions that incur large social, economic, and health burdens, hence it is an indivisible and indispensable part of health systems. Throughout the past few decades, surgery has been increasingly prioritized by the global health community or governments, even in low- and middle-income countries. As a result, the number of surgical procedures has risen significantly in order to address the global disease burden, thus leading to a rise in the utilization and adoption of surgical masks.
Key Market Trends
N- Series Respirators Shows Lucrative Opportunity in the Global Surgical Mask and Respirators Market
N95 respirators and surgical masks (face masks) are examples of personal protective equipment that are used to protect the wearer from airborne particles and from liquid contaminating the face. It is a respiratory protective device designed to achieve a very close facial fit and very efficient filtration of airborne particles.
- In recent times, countries are facing a huge threat of COVID–19 (Coronavirus). Even the World Health Organization (WHO) listed it as a potential global health threat due to high mortality. There is no treatment available against this type of disease, and most of the pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies are focusing their R&D departments in identifying new molecules or leads for the treatment of this disease.
- According to the Johns Hopkins University, as of 31st March 2020, there were more than 803,650 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with over 39,033 deaths, spreading over 170+ countries. Although there are approximately 172,772 recovered cases, there is no potential vaccine or treatment available for the same.
- Moreover, according to WHO, the number of secondary infections generated from one infected person is between 2 to 2.5 for COVID-19. Therefore, on average, one person transmits to 2 other people, leading to an exponential increase in the number of affected cases. Since the N-95 mask is an efficient protective gear to curb the spread of such respiratory diseases, the concerned segment of the market is expected to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period.
North America Dominates the Global Surgical Mask and Respirators Market
North America is expected to dominate the overall market throughout the forecast period. In the North American region, the United States holds the largest market share, and this is due to better regulations of surgical devices and growing awareness among the population regarding the use of such protective gear. The companies also have well-established direct channel collaboration with hospitals and clinics to serve the studied market. Overall, rising demand and an increase in the production of the surgical masks are expected to increase the market growth in the initial period; however, after few years, there will be steady growth in the market.
The global Surgical Mask and Respirators market is competitive and consists of a number of major players. Companies, like Kwalitex Healthcare Pvt Ltd, 3M Company, Cartel Healthcare Pvt. Ltd, Magnum Health and Safety Pvt. Ltd, Mediblue Health Care Private Limited, Medline Industries Inc., Plasti Surge Industries Pvt. Ltd, Premium Health Care Disposables Private Limited, and Thea-Tex Healthcare (India) Pvt. Ltd, among others, hold a substantial share in the market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support