The market for the gas generator in South America is expected to grow at CAGR of more than 1.5% in the forecast period of 2020 - 2025. Factors, such as increasing awareness regarding natural gas as a clean and reliable fuel, increased concerns over diesel maintenance and refueling issues, decreasing natural gas fuel prices, and the increasing awareness among consumers to be more environmentally responsible, have supplemented the demand for gas generators in recent years. However, the lack of gas grid connectivity via pipeline and decreasing natural gas production, resulting in hindered fuel supply, is expected to act as a challenging factor to overcome the gas generators market in the coming years.
- Below 75 kVA capacity generators are estimated to have the largest market share during the forecast period, supported by the increase in demand from telecom, retail, other commercial buildings, and remote areas without access to proper electricity.
- The emerging commercial and industrial sectors of Chile and Colombia are likely going to create several opportunities for the South America generator sets market in the future.
- Brazil, due to its increasing urbanization and industrialization in the region, is expected to dominate the South America gas generator market.
Key Market Trends
Below 75 kVA Capacity Gas Generator to Dominate the Market
- Less than or equal to 75 kVA gas generators are used in the telecommunication sector, commercial complexes, small restaurants, small-scale industries, and petrol stations, among others, primarily as backup power in grid-connected areas and as the main power source in off-grid areas.
- The demand for less than or equal to 75 kVA gas generators is expected to increase, with the change in the landscape for small businesses, especially in the developing countries like Colombia, Bolivia, and Venezuela.
- With 173.6 billion cubic meters of gas production in 2019 in central and South America, the application of the gas generator is expected to increase significantly in the forecast period.
- With the installation of generator plants by MWM in Brazil in 2019 and Argentina by Himoinsa in late 2017, the production and prices of gas generators are expected to decrease in the forecast period.
- With a reduction in the prices of natural gas and upcoming residential construction projects and the need for continuous power in small industries is expected to drive the demand for 75kVA gas generators.
Brazil to Dominate the Market
- Brazil, due to the constant increase in energy demand and an increasing number of industrial operations in the country, is likely to be the largest market for the generator sets in South America.
- The continuously growing demand for uninterrupted power supply and development of the rural areas by providing them with several facilities, such as hospitals and schools in the country, is expected to drive the country's generator sets market.
- Moreover, the country's oil and gas production sector is rapidly growing. The sites of oil and gas wells are usually at a remote place or in offshore where onsite generator sets become a necessity to provide site either with primary power supply or backup power for the smooth workflow.
- Increasing demand for continuous and reliable power supply from these industries, especially from healthcare facilities, pharmaceutical industries, and manufacturing facilities, is expected to boost the demand for gas generators.
- With gas production of 25.8 bcm in 2019, Government initiatives to expand the industrial sector in Brazil are expected to boost the demand for gas generators over the forecast period.
The South America gas generator market is moderately fragmented. Some of the major companies include Kohler Co, Yanmar Co, Cummins Inc, Caterpillar Inc, and General Electric Company.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support