Global Ski Gear and Equipment market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.2% during the forecast period of (2019-2024).
- Increasing participation rate in outdoor activities like skiing and other snow sports, increasing government initiatives to encourage participation in skiing, and growth in the number of ski resorts are some of the major factors driving the sales of ski gear & equipment globally.
- Manufacturers of ski gear & equipment are more focused on developing and launching new and innovative products to fulfill the changing needs and demands of consumers by using advanced technology.
- In recent years, the number of women participants in various sports has gone up globally including snow sports such as skiing, therefore vendors are introducing ski gear & equipment specifically for women.
Scope of the Report
The scope of the ski gear and equipment market includes segmentation of the market on the basis of product type under Skis and Poles, Ski Boots, and Ski Protective Gear and Accessories, and on the basis of distribution channels under Online Retail Stores and Offline Retail Stores.
Key Market Trends
Growing Popularity of Winter Sports
Winter sports or winter activities are competitive sports or non-competitive recreational activities that are played on snow or ice. Most are variations of skiing, ice skating, and sledding. Traditionally, such games were only played in cold areas during winter, but artificial snow and artificial ice allow more flexibility. Skiing is a significant sport in continental Western and Northern Europe, where the skiing world cup remains important. Recorded as the 2nd most-watched sport at the Winter Olympics. It remains a fringe sport in most of the rest of the world, including Russia and Eastern Europe, where other winter sports are more popular. Notably, the United States accounts for average of 15 million skiing participants annually.
Europe Remains a Prominent Region in the Market
For years, Europe has been the world's premier destination for skiers with resorts dotted across the Alps and Pyrenees gaining excellent reputations. The rest of the world has turned the heat up on Europe, however, and these days, the U.S. has the most skier visits of any single country per season. The most suitable skiing conditions are found in North America and the northern parts of Europe and Asia-Pacific. Few of the major countries engaged in organizing in skiing as a sport are the United States, Canada, Austria, Japan, Switzerland, Canada, and Germany. Thus, there is a potential demand for ski gear and equipment in these countries. The demand for ski equipment is likely to boom in the Asia-Pacific region as China will be hosting the upcoming Winter Olympics in 2022.
The global ski gear & equipment market is a highly fragmented market and comprises many big and mid-sized competitors. There is an intense competition between the key vendors, leading to the introduction of many innovative ski gears & equipment in the market. Major Key Players are Amer Sports, Fischer Sports GmbH, Black Diamond Equipment, SKIS ROSSIGNOL, Burton Snowboards, Coalition Snow, Helly Hansen, Völkl Int. GmbH, K2 Sports, and HEAD.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support