The sectionalizer market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 2.3% during 2020 - 2025. The growing power demand and upgrading grid structure are expected to drive the market in the forecast period. Increasing power distribution networks across the globe are expected to increase the demand for distribution infrastructure, including sectionalizer. This, in turn, is likely to drive the sectionalizer market in the coming years. On the other hand, the COVID-19 outbreak has affected not just the production but also the import and export of sectionalizer, which can restrain the expected market growth in the forecast period.
- In segmentation by phases, the three-phase sectionalizer is expected to dominate the market due to ongoing plans for grid development and upgradation.
- With ongoing electrification in Asian and African countries, the demand for sectionalizers is expected to grow significantly in the future, creating ample opportunities for market players.
- With substantial scale growth in smart grid in countries like India and china and upcoming smart city projects, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate in the future.
Key Market Trends
Three-Phase Sectionlizer to Dominate the Market
- The sectionalizer is a self-contained, circuit-opening device used in conjunction with source-side protective devices, such as reclosers or circuit breakers, to isolate faulted sections of electrical distribution systems automatically.
- According to a report in 2018, the Middle East & North African region is expected to invest USD 17.6 billion in smart grid infrastructure, which, in turn, is expected to drive the transmission and distribution network.
- In Africa, several countries had more than 50% of the population without access to electricity. In the forecast period, with growing outreach to power, the demand for sectionalizer is expected to grow significantly.
- According to State Grid Corporation of China (SGCC), the country's energy demand, in 2030, is expected to exceed 10 Petawatt hour (PWH). As a result, there is a need for the expansion of the existing power transmission network, which is expected to drive the demand for sectionalizers.
- USAID's Power Africa initiative and World Banks's Lighting Africa initiative seeks to enable access to electricity to millions of new connections, expanding power distribution market and simultaneously the demand of sectionalizer.
- With the adaptation of smart grid and smart transformer, the demand for three-phase sectionalizers is likely to grow considerably in the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market for sectionalizers. The grid expansion and modification in countries like China, India, Japan, and South Korea are one of the major driving factors.
- In 2019, the power supply project for the China-Laos railway was inaugurated. It is likely to build twenty circuits of 115kV transmission lines with a total length of 268 km and extend 11 bays in 10 substations to supply power from the state-run Electricite du Laos' grid to 10 railway traction substations. The project is expected to increase the demand for sectionalizer.
- Nations like Myanmar and Pakistan in 2018 has 57% and 23% population without electricity access. With grid expansion projects in such countries, the demand for sectionalizer is likely to grow significantly.
- The transformer industry in India was growing continuously and reached INR 148 billion in 2018. The continuous growth of transformers is also driving the market considerably.
- Asia-Pacific has several ongoing smart grid development projects and smart city projects, which are creating significant demand for sectionalizers.
The sectionalizer market is fragmented. Some of the major companies include Schneider Electric SE, S&C Electric Company, ABB Ltd, G&W Electric Company, and Eaton Corporation plc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support