The Saudi Arabia wireline logging services market is expected to register a CAGR of over 2% during the forecast period of 2020 – 2025. Factors, such as an increase in exploration activities and focus on the development of new oil and gas fields, are expected to help drive the market for wireline logging services in the country. However, the volatile nature of oil prices in recent years has made the major oil and gas alert and this, in turn, led to the upstream investment to be less risky and more careful in the country. This factor is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- The onshore segment is expected to have a maximum share in the market. Onshore drilling encompasses all the drilling sites located on dry land and accounts for over 70% of worldwide oil production.
- The country’s national oil company Saudi Aramco has aimed at doubling its gas production by 2030, most of which will be used for domestic purposes, like power generation. This has created a huge opportunity for the wireline logging services market in the country.
- The demand for oil and gas production have always been on an increase, which led to increased exploration activities, which, in turn, is expected to help grow the market during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Electric Line Segment to Dominate the Market
- In 2019, the e-line segment held the maximum share in the wireline logging services market in the country and is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period as well.
- Electrical line (e-line) is a cable that is utilized to lower the tools and transmit data to the surface and to the tools deployed. An e-line can perform the slickline job and can also help to evaluate (log) the formation when the data must be sent to the surface.
- E-lines consists of single strands or multi-strands. E-line is a more value-added deployment method, as it covers both requirements, i.e., it can intervene on a mechanical level and collect data about well conditions too.
- The market for e-line wireline logging services has been growing, owing to there being a higher number of old wells (conventional) across the world that require intervention and monitoring. In addition, a number of downhole tools that were previously deployed by coiled tubing can now be deployed using e-line, which is more cost-effective.
- Owing to the above mentioned properties, the demand for e-line wireline logging services has been increasing over the forecast period.
Increased Exploration Activity to Drive the Market
- Saudi Arabia is experiencing an increase in exploration, drilling, and completion activities, over the recent past, due to recovering oil prices in the oil and gas market.
- In 2018, the state-owned oil company, Saudi Aramco turned to the US oilfield services giant Halliburton for assistance in exploring and exploiting the country’s shale gas potential and to develop unconventional energy resources, to meet Saudi Arabia’s increasing energy demand.
- In February 2019, ADES International, an oil and gas drilling and production company, received two onshore drilling contracts in Saudi Arabia worth USD 150 million. Each secured contract has a tenure of seven years, with five fixed years and two years of optional terms.
- The country plans to double its gas production over the next decade, as it plans to switch local power plants from oil to gas, so it can export more oil, which is a positive indicator for the oil and gas wireline logging services market.
- Therefore, the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the market in forecast period, similar to the trend witnessed in recent years.
The Saudi Arabia wireline logging services market is moderately fragmented. Some of the major companies are Schlumberger Limited, Halliburton Company, Baker Hughes Company, and Weatherford International PLC.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support