The growth is attributed to the growing burden of problems during pregnancy and increasing awareness among the population.
- Pregnancy products are classified as medical products, which are meant to manage physical changes in pregnant women during and after pregnancy.
- According to the World Health Organization every day in 2017, about 808 women died due to complications of pregnancy and childbirth. The increasing burden of pregnancy problems, rising birth rates, disposable incomes, especially in developing countries, and increasing awareness regarding pregnancy care products among women, and well-developed distribution channels for pregnancy products are the major factors driving the growth of the pregnancy product market.
- However, high prices and side effects associated with the products are expected to be the key restraints for the growth of the pregnancy products market.
Key Market Trends
Stretch Mark Minimizer Segment is Expected to Register Robust Growth
- Stretch marks are tiny tears and scars in the supporting layers of tissue under the skin. Stretch marks are quite common during and after the pregnancy and occur to 90% of pregnant women. The growing awareness regarding the stretchmark treatment products and high adoption of the same are anticipated to fuel the market growth.
- The increasing number of approvals by the companies also helps in increasing the overall market. For instance, in May 2016, US FDA approved Strialite, the first-of-its kind medical device for the at-home treatment of stretch marks.
- In January 2018, New York based pregnancy brand Hatch also launched a belly mask that provides hydration and helps minimize stretch marks. Similarly, in November 2019, Hope Smith, a US model had launched her own her own skincare brand MUTHA, with two products that help pregnant women treat their stretch marks.
United States is Expected to Retain Largest Market Share During the Period of Forecast.
North America pregnancy products market projected to dominate the market growth due to high awareness regarding pregnancy product, and increasing expenditure on personal care products. According to ChildTrends, in 2017, in United States, the birth rate for young women ages 15 to 24 declined for the 10th consecutive year. For the 25 to 44 age group, the birth rate also declined in 2017 after a steady increase from 2010 to 2016. Similarly, as per the data published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2018, there were 3,791,712 births in the United States.
Asia-Pacific is anticipated to grow tremendously, during the forecast period, owing to factors, such as rise in disposable incomes in developing economies, such as China and India, well-established distribution channels, and increasing awareness regarding pregnancy products through strong marketing activities by key players.
The leading players in the pregnancy products market are making significant efforts to create awareness among consumers regarding the advantages, availability, and effectiveness of pregnancy products. For instance, in April 2019, Candela Corporation introduced its Vbeam Prima laser system in Canada. The Vbeam Prima device effectively treats various skin conditions, including rosacea, port wine stains, acne, leg veins, spider veins, scars, benign pigmented lesions, wrinkles, warts, stretch marks, and photo aging. Key players in the market include Abbott, Clarins Group, Expansxience Laboratories Inc., Nine Naturals LLC, and Noodle & Boo, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support