The plasma fractionation market is projected to reach to USD 29.50 billion by 2023 from an estimated USD 21.23 billion in 2018. The growing geriatric population across the globe, increasing use of immunoglobulins in various therapeutic areas, growing prevalence of respiratory diseases and uptake of alpha-1-antitrypsin, and increase in plasma collection are the factors driving this market. However, the emergence of recombinant alternatives, high cost of plasma products, and limited reimbursement may hinder the growth of this market.
The protease inhibitors segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
On the basis of product, the plasma fractionation market is segmented into immunoglobulins, coagulation factor concentrates, albumin, protease inhibitors, and other plasma products. The protease inhibitors segment is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period. The high growth of this segment is primarily attributed to the increasing prevalence of alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency and increasing number of various respiratory diseases.
The pulmonology segment is projected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period
Based on the application, the plasma fractionation market is classified into neurology, immunology, hematology, critical care, pulmonology, hemato-oncology, rheumatology, and other applications. The pulmonology segment
is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This can largely be attributed to the increasing use of immunoglobulins and protease inhibitors in the treatment of various respiratory diseases such as AATD and COPD, asthma, and respiratory tract infections.
The hospitals and clinics segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
On the basis of type of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals & clinics, clinical research laboratories, and academic institutes. During the forecast period, the hospitals & clinics segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR. The high growth of this segment can be attributed to the increasing adoption of plasma products in the treatment of various immunological, neurological, and bleeding disorders; large patient pool treated in hospitals; growing number of hospitals & clinics across the globe; and increasing number of collaborations between the manufacturers of plasma products and hospitals.
Asia Pacific to witness the highest growth during the forecast period
Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period (2018 to 2023). The region’s large geriatric population, large population, improving healthcare infrastructure, increasing incidences of immunological and bleeding diseases, increasing focus diagnosis and prophylactic treatment, and increasing awareness about technologically advanced products are driving the growth of this market.
Break of primary participants was as mentioned below:
• By Company Type – Tier 1–46%, Tier 2–33% and Tier 3–21%
• By Designation – C Level–43%, Director Level–35%, Others–22%
• By Region – North America–34%, Europe–26%, Asia Pacific–24%, Latin America–12%, Middle East and Africa- 4%
Some of the major market players in the plasma fractionation market are CSL (Australia), Grifols (Spain), Shire (Ireland), Octapharma (Switzerland), Kedrion (Italy), Bio Product Laboratory (UK), Sanquin (Netherlands), LFB (France), Biotest (Germany), Japan Blood Products Organization, China Biologic Products (China), Green Cross Corporation (South Korea), and Shanghai RAAS Blood Products (China).
The report analyzes the plasma fractionation market and aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market based on various segments such as product, application, end user, and region. The report also includes a volume data analysis for various plasma products across the globe and a competitive analysis of the key players in this market along with their company profiles, product offerings, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help them, garner a greater share of the market. Firms purchasing the report could use one or any combination of the below-mentioned strategies to strengthen their position in the market.
This report provides insights into the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by the top players in the global plasma fractionation market. The report analyzes the global plasma fractionation market by product, application, end user, and region.
• Product Enhancement/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming trends and product launches in the global plasma fractionation market.
• Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging markets by product, application, end user, and region.
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, growing geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global plasma fractionation market.
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, product offerings, and capabilities of leading players in the global plasma fractionation market.