The North America industrial centrifuge market is expected to rise at a CAGR of approximately 3.8% during 2020 - 2025. Factors such as increasing demand from pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries along with the increasing demand for water treatment are likely to drive the North America industrial centrifuge market. However, technological constraints such as high noise level of centrifuges running under normal conditions, which is incompatible with prolonged operations or technician presence, is expected to restrain the North America industrial centrifuge market.
- The water and wastewater treatment segment, due to increasing water consumption and treating it before disposal for the sake of the environment, is expected to be the fastest-growing segment for the North America industrial centrifuge market during the forecast period.
- An increase in the demand for more efficient centrifuges and reducing cost and increasing profitability has caused manufacturers of centrifuges to address the energy efficiency problems by adopting various techniques in new centrifuges and upgrading the existing industrial centrifuges installed in facilities. These developments are likely to create several opportunities for the North America industrial centrifuge market in the future.
- Due to its largest population and increasing industrialization in the region, the United States is expected to dominate the North America industrial centrifuge market. As of 2019, more than 50% of the people in North America come from the United States, thus requiring more usage of centrifuges in different sectors.
Key Market Trends
Water and Wastewater Treatment Expected to be the Fastest Growing Market Segment
- An industrial centrifuge is a machine used for fluid or particle separation. Centrifuges rely on centrifugal force, generating several hundred or thousands of times earth's gravity. Centrifuges have a widespread application in the treatment of wastewater produced by the automotive industry (soluble oils), steel mills, and agri-food industries. The application also extends to the separation of sludge-laden suspensions that have high oil content.
- After the production separation of crude oil, natural gas and water are done in the oil and gas industry. A strict government regulation to dispose of water after treatment is likely to drive the North America industrial centrifuge market. In 2019, the total crude oil produced in the region was 1116.5 million tonnes (MT), which was higher than the production of 2018, 1042.2 MT. The increase in crude oil production is also likely to increase in the wastewater, which industrial centrifuge for its treatment.
- In 2019, Acciona opened its drinking water treatment plant and water distribution system for the City of Saint John in eastern Canada. The drinking water treatment plant has a capacity of 75 million liters per day and a 33-million-liter water storage deposit. Such an increase in the water treatment facility is expected to drive the market.
- Hence, owing to the above points, the water, and wastewater treatment segment is likely going to be the fastest-growing market for the North America industrial centrifuge market during the forecast period.
United States Expected to Dominate the Market
- The United States, due to the constant increase in the energy demand and an increasing number of commercial and industrial operations, the country is likely to be the largest market for the industrial centrifuge in North America.
- The United States processed food industry is a significant participant in the global economy, both in exporting and in foreign direct investment. More than a third of the world's top 50 food and beverage processing firms are headquartered in the United States.
- In 2019, the United States' share of primary energy consumption was approximately 81.18% of the total energy consumption of North America. The country's increasing share of power consumption is directly going to affect power and chemical industries, which are expected to drive the country's industrial centrifuge market.
- In April 2020, Centrisys Corporation, a leading North American manufacturer of decanter and thickening centrifuges and dewatering systems, announced that it had secured an order from Inland Empire Utilities to support a planned upgrade and expansion of its regional water recycling plant in Chino, California. The order placed with Centrisys consists of five custom decanter centrifuges and one spare rotating assembly unit. All units will be designed, engineered, and built in the United States, and shipment and installation of the centrifuges are expected to complete by July 2022.
- Hence, owing to the above points, the United States is expected to dominate the North America industrial centrifuge market during the forecast period.
The North America industrial centrifuge market is moderately fragmented. Some of the key players in this market include Alfa Laval AB, Andritz AG, GEA Group AG, Centrisys Corporation, and Flottweg SE.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support