The North America drinkable yogurt market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- The market is driven by robust demand for health-based products, like probiotics, among consumers, especially the younger generations. Yogurts are a part of the American everyday food essentials and are known for improving gut functionality, along with other benefits, including immunity boost and so on.
- North America’s growing population has strongly contributed to the growth of dairy-free yogurts and number of flavor combinations available in the yogurt market, such as coconut, cranberry, pineapple, strawberry, and others, are also accelerating the market for flavored dairy-free yogurts at a faster pace.
- The manufacturers, such as Chobani, Groupe Danone, General Mills, and others, dominating the region, are actively investing in launching lower sugar yogurt options, vegan yogurt, and yogurts that are designed for specific diets targeting the millennials population of the region. For instance, General Mills launched a yogurt product on the GoodBelly name, which is synonymous with probiotics and provides 1 billion live and active probiotics of champion strain BB-12®. It is lactose-free, gluten-free, and has a low-fat content.
Key Market Trends
Growing Digestive Heath Concerns Heating Up Demand For Probiotic Products
The high prevalence of digestive disorders in the North American countries such as the United States has benefitted the demand in the probiotics market across the country. Yogurt, being a probiotic, is available in different flavors, which makes it one of the most-preferred food products by the consumers who are seeking the benefits for their digestive health. The progressive inclination of American consumers toward the digestive health-oriented products has involved probiotic food products, including yogurts as a requisite in the list. Furthermore, the growing consumer interest in the high nutrition content of coconut milk, as well as plant-based and organic beverages, are strongly accelerating the growth of dairy-free probiotics, including drinkable dairy-free yogurts, across the country.
Online Stores Sales to drive the Regional Market
The countries of North America such as the United States and Canada remains the world’s largest markets where consumers buy groceries online. The sales are escalating due to lesser prices through online channels. Thus, Vmartgo, an online store, offers many outsourced and foreign products, including yogurt drinks from Asian countries, at cheaper prices than the local variants. Most online suppliers in the region provide same-day doorstep and self-pickup delivery options for yogurt products. Consumers consider online grocery stores as a good option to avoid the hassle of traditional grocery shopping and standing in a queue before check-out. Some major platforms in the country include Walmart, Amazon Pantry, and Costco.
The North America drinkable yogurt market is highly competitive and fragmented in nature owing to the presence of many regional and domestic players. Emphasis is given on the merger, expansion, acquisition, and partnership of the companies along with new product development as strategic approaches adopted by the leading companies to boost their brand presence among consumers. For instance, in 2019, Danone launched Wallaby, line of Aussie Crème Yogurts in the United States, that is an organic gluten-free yogurt with low sugar and is available in three bold flavors, such as spiced peach, strawberry red wine, and caramelized pineapple. Key players dominating the North American market include Chobani LLC., Cie Gervais Danone, Yoplait USA, Inc., and Groupe Lactalis among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support