The Global Motherboard Market was valued at USD 14.37 billion at a CAGR of 18.3% over the forecast period (2020 - 2025). Increase in the number of consumer electronics, especially in APAC region due to government initiatives such as Make in India and Digital India is driving the market demand.
- Increase in the number of smartphones due to population growth is one of the major market drivers. According to GSM intelligence, number of smartphone connections are expected to grow from 60% in 2018 to 79% in 2025. Smartphone ownerships are growing per day due to price drop and increase in functionality.
- However, currently there is ongoing research regarding silicon-interconnected fabric (Si-IF), which can act as an alternative to motherboard. It allows bare chips to be connected directly to wiring on a separate piece of silicon. Such a move would lead powerful high-performance computers that would pack dozens of servers’ worth of computing capability onto a thin wafer of silicon; but at the same time will challenge the market growth.
Scope of the Report
Due to their wide range of applications and usage in mostly all electronic components, motherboard manufacturers are offering their products in various form factors such as ATX, Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX as well as for industrial and commercial needs.
Key Market Trends
Industrial Motherboards to Dominate the Market
- The maket for Industrial Motherboards is growing due to presence of vendors who are rolling out highly integrated motherboard units in various form factors. Advantech Co.Ltd is one of the pioneer in this domain having the majority market share.
- For instance, in May 2019, Advantech released its newest palm-sized UTX form factor motherboard -- the AIMB-U117. It is used for various applications such as digital signage, passenger information systems, automation, automation, robotics and vending.
- In April 2019, Avalue Technology launched EMX-KBLU2P, an ITX industrial motherboard based on Intel Core and Celeron Processors. it is suitable for outdoor applications that undergo harsh operating conditions.
- Acquisitions are expected to shape the market landscape. Kontron bought Fujitsu’s Augsburg-based industrial motherboard business from Fujitsu Technology Solutions GmbH.The transfer of operations is expected to start in October 2019.
- In September 2018, Advantech acquired 80% stake in OMRON Nohgata, a subsidiary of OMRON Corporation. This was done to expand Advantech's embedded system growth and thus contribute in industrial motherboard expansion in Asia-Pacific.
Asia-Pacific to Witness the Highest Growth
- Increasing smartphone adoption rates have made Asia-Pacific one of the largest mobile markets of the world. This is due to increasing population growth and urbanization. As per GSM Association, more than 4, out of 5 connections will be smartphones by 2025. This trend is expected to increase the motherboard usage in this region.
- Industry 4.0 is also acting as one of the most emerging trends in Asia-Pacific. IoT devices and their miniaturization is an essential trend in Industry 4,0, utilizing motherboard. The region is investing heavily in IoT to support smart city infrastructure. In September 2019, The GSMA APAC IoT Partnership Programme expanded to include more than 30 mobile operators making it the largest IoT community in the Asia Pacific region.
- In July 2019, Taiwan-based Axiomtek introduces the PICO51R, an ultra-compact 2.5-inch pico-ITX motherboard. It is designed for industrial automation applications requiring a small form factor to fit in space-limited environments.
- In August 2019, Chinese motherboard manufacturer Huananzhi announced the brand's new Gaming X99-TF motherboard that supports both DDR3 and DDR4 memory modules.
The motherboard market is highly concentrated with few players gaining the majority market share and providing motherboard for PC, mobile and servers.
- September 2019 - Biostar announced the release of BIOSTAR X470MH, which is a new addition to its AMD socket AM4 motherboard. It is designed for office workers who are involved in daily tasks as well as for home users who want to run their home theatre PC smoothly.
- September 2019 - ASRock released limited-edition ASRock X570 Aqua motherboard to the market with only 999 pieces available for purchase. It consists of monoblock for custom liquid cooling.
- September 2019 - Kobian launched Mercury H110GZ motherboards in India. It supports 6th Gen Intel CoreTM i7/i5/i3, Pentium, Celeron processors in the LGA1151 package. It is specifically designed to meet the needs of gamers who require high performance and low power consumption.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support