The natural gas production is the Middle-East region is expected to grow at CAGR of more than 3.7% in the forecast period of 2020 - 2025, which is expected to drive the demand for line pipes significantly. With upcoming upstream projects, the oil and gas processing plants are expected to drive the demand for line pipes. Moreover, the multiple refining projects in the region are also increasing the demand for line pipes. On the other hand, the global crude oil price decline in 2020 has led to a halt or delay in various oil and gas projects. Also, total crude oil production in the Middle East declined in 2019. If this trend continues, the market for line pipes can be restrained during the forecast period.
- The seamless type segment is expected to witness significant demand during the forecast period, owing to the number of advantages when compared to other types.
- The rise in offshore exploration and production projects is expected to create an excellent opportunity for the market players in the years to come, as these projects are paving the way for the line pipe industry to grow more.
- With oil production of 11.8 million barrels per day in 2019, Saudi Arabia is leading the market of the line pipe. It is expected to continue its dominance in the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Seamless Line Pipes are Expected to Dominate the Market
- Seamless pipes are often made using round cross-section steel forms (called rounds) or square billets, which are rolled into a round shape. The seamless pipes are designed in a manner to bear high-stress conditions.
- Seamless are generally used in gas lines, as well as pipes that carry liquids. They are also used in high-pressure applications like refineries, hydraulic cylinders, hydrocarbon industries, and in oil & gas infrastructures
- In 2018, ADNOC and CNPC signed a deal. With this deal, they are expected to explore upstream business opportunities in the United Arab Emirates. This is further expected to open new avenues for line pipes in both the upstream and downstream sectors.
- Owing to the crude oil production rise to 30 million barrels per day in Middle-East, the significant growth of the line pipes is expected in the forecast period.
- Basra Gas Gathering Project has been on hold for a significant period of time but was revived in 2017. It is now expected to be completed in 2025, driving the demand for seamless pipes significantly.
- Multiple refining projects in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Iraq are expected to witness the deployment of seamless line pipes in the forecast period, resulting in the dominance of the mentioned line pipes.
Saudi Arabia to Dominate the Market
- The country has vast shale reserves, and the increasing exploitation of its unconventional reserve is expected to drive the demand for line pipes in multiple gathering and treatment stations
- By 2028, Saudi Aramco plans to produce 0.65 bcm of natural gas per day and is expected to target unconventional gas reserves in North Arabia, the South Ghawar, and the Jafurah Basin, East of Ghawar.
- Saudi Aramco and Saudi Basic Industries Corp (SABIC) to set up a joint oil-to-chemicals project to produce chemicals and base oils directly from 20 million tonnes per annum of crude oil. It is expected that the facility will be completed by 2028 and is likely to witness the significant application of line pipes.
- With upgradation and expansion projects in refineries like SASREF, Petro Rabigh, and Jubail and launching of Jizan refinery, the deployment of line pipes in Saudi Arabia is expected to increase considerably.
- With increasing gas production to 113.6 bcm in 2019, the demand for line pipes is growing considerably. Additionally, with new refining projects, Saudi Arabia is expected to dominate the market in the region.
The Middle-East oil and gas line pipe market is moderately fragmented. Some of the major companies include National Pipe Company Limited, Arabian Pipes Company, Erndtebrücker Eisenwerk GmbH & Co. KG, Sumitomo Corporation, and Vallourec SA.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support