The Middle East and Africa gas generator market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 6.25% over the period of 2020 - 2025. Booming industrial and commercial sectors, growing need to generate power through clean energy sources, inadequate power infrastructure, stringent environmental regulations, and expanding pipeline infrastructure are expected to boost demand for gas generators in the coming years. However, the lack of gas grid connectivity via pipeline, resulting in hindered fuel supply, is expected to act as a challenging factor to overcome for the gas generators market in the region.
- The increasing deployment of gas generators in several end-user industries in the region is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Emissions related to conventional generators harm the environment which has urged governments to revise the generator emission standards and the increasing need for power in industrial operations is expected to create significant opportunities for market participants in the near future.
- Saudi Ariba is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period for gas generators, with the falling cost of natural gas, the usage of natural gas across the commercial and residential sector is expected to increase.
Key Market Trends
Industrial Sector to Drive the Market
- The new focus on the rising industrial and construction sectors with clean energy is driving the gas generator market.
- In 2020, newer types of backup generators, like the natural gas generators, are gaining prominence in the market due to their cheaper fuel and higher efficiency. Therefore, natural gas generators are expected to grow significantly in the forecast period.
- Countries with high oil production tend to be using diesel generators to produce electricity. For example, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), have a high backup generator installed capacity. Other oil-producing countries in the region like Iraq is among the largest user of backup generators in the middle-east region, primarily due to low electricity being generated in the grid by other means.
- The Middle-East countries are expected to remain a focal point of the clean energy transition, having set a target to reduce the carbon footprint by 2050.
- Therefore, based on above-mentioned factors, demand for clean electricity inindustrial sector is expected to drive the gas generator market in the Middle-East and Africa region over the forecast period.
Saudi Arabia to Dominate the Market
- In Saudi Arabia, the gas generator market is expected to witness an increasing growth rate during the forecast period.
- High economic growth rate, continuing investments toward world-class infrastructure, growth in the telecom market, coupled with an expansion of the healthcare industry and the housing market are some of the factors driving the demand for gas generators in Saudi Arabia.
- Changing government policies, the establishment of the IT sector, and automotive manufacturing expansion and growth in public infrastructure is expected to fuel the market for gas generators in Saudi Arabia.
- Therefore, based on the above-mentioned factors, Saudi Arabia is expected to witness significant demand for the gas generator market during the forecast period.
The Middle-East and Africa gas generator market is moderately fragmented. Some of the key players in this market include Caterpillar Inc, Atlas Copco AB, MTU Onsite Energy Corporation, Generac Power Systems Inc, and Wartsila Oyj Abp.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support