The market for instant adhesives is expected to register a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period.
- The increasing need for instant bonding for various applications and growing demand from the electronics industry are driving the market growth.
- Instant adhesives are poor solvents and possess low-temperature resistance, which may hinder the market growth.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from Automation Applications:
- Instant adhesives are majorly used for instant bonding purposes on paper, plastics, rubber, metals, and glass. Instant adhesives find their applications in small repairings, woodworks, assembly applications, coil termination, automation, and electronics, among others.
- Cyanoacrylate adhesives are non-flammable and eco-friendly, and these are very easy to use in maintenance repair shops and automated dispensing systems in assembling various products.
- In the automobile industry, instant adhesives are being used on door handle parts, tail lamp decorations, rubber on window frames, spark-plug lead covers, and dashboard leather.
- Automation instrumentation is being used in the manufacturing of electronics. In the electronics manufacturing sector, buttons on CD/DVD players, magnetic heads, washing machine’s rubber vibration isolators, and gaskets in vacuum cleaners are using instant adhesives for better bonding.
- Increasing applications for automation are fueling the demand for instant fixing adhesives, which may drive the market for instant adhesives through the coming years.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the overall market, owing to the highly developed automation and electronics sectors, coupled with the continuous investments done in the region to advance the automobile sector through the years.
- Moreover, instant adhesives are being used to bond various materials in electronics, due to their properties. Instant adhesives can withstand temperatures until 120 °C, and they have high bonding strength and chemical resistance, as well as high electrical insulation capacity.
- Instant adhesives are gaining demand from woodworking, medical devices, cosmetic packages, toys, lighting fixtures, motors, generators, compressors, and filters, as well as from household appliances. The demand for these applications from China has been increasing due to the aforementioned end-user industries.
- According to the Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles, Asia-Pacific led the global automobile production in recent years. China has a large number of automobile manufacturing plants and the Asia-Pacific region produced more vehicles than any other region in 2019.
- Increasing applications in medical devices and the growing usage of automation and electronic components are expected to drive the market for instant adhesives during the forecast period.
The instant adhesive market is fragmented in nature, with many players competing in the market. Some of the major companies are 3M, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Pidilite Industries Limited, Huntsman International LLC, and H.B. Fuller.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support