The industrial display market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025). Various factors such as the increasing demand for HMI devices, the rapid growth of LED-backlit technology and increasing demand for LCD-based display solutions, and the rapidly rising adoption of IIoT are expected to boost the market for industrial display forward.
- The market is primarily driven by the constant technological shift, the development of HD (high definition) displays with minimum bezels and touch screens. With the increased investments from major vendors across the globe towards the development of these displays for outdoor applications are also expected to provide a significant boost to the market.
- The display industry is also gaining importance on the account of innovative features offered by these displays, which include touch screen panels, automatic touch detector, Ethernet connectivity, radio frequency identification (RFID) and resistance to shock, high temperature, scratch, vibration, dust, and chemicals.
- The industrial displays also offer a huge investment opportunity to the players as these displays are an appropriate replacement for manual processes and the outdated push-button technology.
- However, the capital-intensive structure of the industrial display market could restrain the market growth making it difficult for players to exploit the opportunities in the cost-sensitive regional markets.
Scope of the Report
The industrial displays are LCD, LED displays, touch screen panels, outdoor displays, digital signage displays, and various industrial monitors. Vendors in this market provide a wide range of displays in various sizes as per the end-users such as transportation, manufacturing, oil & gas among others.
Key Market Trends
Transportation Sector to Witness Significant Growth
- Industrial displays in the transportation sector which are primarily the part of infrastructure mainly assist customers to make necessary reservations and helps to find out the ticket price, get information about arrivals and departures, and also to receive updates on the current status of reservations.
- Also, in airports and stations, they enable wayfinding for travelers and are also used to advertise brands, permitting organizations to efficiently and quickly communicate to the customer requirements for traveling.
- The primary products for the transportation sector are the industrial digital signage, public information displays, and industrial kiosks for ticket printing and booking, among others. These displays are used in various transportation verticals such as trains, buses, and airports. They are also being used for system control, entertainment purpose, cockpit for navigation, and others.
- With the increasing usage of air travel across various regions, the demand for these displays is expected to witness further demand during the forecast period.
North America is Expected to Hold the Largest Share
- The North American region is expected to hold the largest market share during the forecast period primarily owing to the strong demand for display technologies and the rising demand for automation solutions from various end-user industries such as manufacturing, oil & gas among others.
- The region is also witnessing a rapidly rising demand for remote monitoring solutions, interactive display modules and, human-machine interfaces, mostly due to the rising adoption of IoT-based technologies in the industrial segment.
- Moreover, various major manufacturers of industrial displays, semiconductor components, monitors, and HMIs are based out of this region, making it an important region in the industrial display market.
- Also, the region is witnessing a rapid adoption of digital signage and video wall in various industries, which is further expected to open new business opportunities for the market players over the forecast period.
The industrial display market is highly competitive owing to the presence of many large vendors in the market providing their products in the domestic as well as in the international markets. The market appears to be moderately fragmented with the key players adopting strategies like product innovation and mergers and acquisitions. Some of the major players are Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., LG Display Co. Ltd., Panasonic Corporation, Schneider Electric SE among others.
- Oct 2019 - Samsung Electronics America announced the integration of Prismview, LLC sales and marketing teams into its display business, to further strengthen the company’s display portfolio and salesforce.
- Feb 2019 - Emerson announced that it has completed the purchase of Intelligent Platforms from General Electric. The addition of Intelligent Platforms programmable logic controller (PLC) technologies will enable the company to expand its capabilities in machine control and discrete applications.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support