“GPON technology market estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.45% between 2017 and 2023”
The overall GPON technology market was valued at USD 6.71 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach USD 11.07 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 7.45% between 2017 and 2023. The high demand for GPON for triple-play services, increasing demand for high-speed broadband services, advancements in GPON technology, and demand for scalability in mobile backhaul networks are the factors driving the growth of the GPON technology market. However, the presence of substitute technologies and the high costs of installation and operation of GPON technology will restrain the growth of the market.
“NG-PON2 technology expected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
The NG-PON2 technology offers a much higher bandwidth allocation than the current network technologies along with higher split ratio, higher upstream and downstream data speed, higher security, and so on. Additionally, NG-PON2 deployment for mobile backhaul and fronthaul applications in 4G and 5G network technologies is expected to provide a growing opportunity for GPON technology vendors. The telecom sector relies on the optical fiber–based network technology for providing 4G and 5G services that require low latency and higher speeds, for which NG-PON2 is ideal.
“GPON technology for transportation expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
Broadband for transportation is primarily used to provide the following services: Internet connectivity for passengers; video surveillance in trains and stations; and uploading and downloading operation files including ticketing data, passenger information system (PIS), and reports. These services enable the transmission of voice, data, and video for the control of transportation services and the convenience of travelers. GPON technology will act as a key driver for the application of wired and wireless broadband in the transportation sector.
“Asia Pacific expected to hold the largest market share during the forecast period”
The GPON technology market in Asia Pacific has been further segmented on the basis of countries into China, Japan, Republic of Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, Taiwan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. The mature GPON technology market, government spending on infrastructure, and widespread deployment of next-generation GPON are the major factors fueling the growth of the GPON technology market in this region. Moreover, the presence of major GPON solution providers is also expected to support the increasing demand for the GPON technology. Additionally, the deployment of 4G and 5G mobile network applications is further expected to support the increasing demand for GPON technology in Asia Pacific.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with key industry experts. The breakup of the profile of primary participants has been given below:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 = 55%, Tier 2 = 20%, and Tier 3 = 25%
• By Designation: C-Level Executives = 23%, D-level Executives = 59%, and Others = 18%
• By Geography: North America = 30%, Europe = 20%, Asia Pacific = 40%, and RoW = 10%
The companies providing a range of customized solutions are expected to emerge as the game changers as customers find it easier to sync with such devices for use within a specific industry.
The key market players profiled in the report are:
• Huawei (China)
• Nokia (Finland)
• ZTE (China)
• FiberHome (China)
• Calix (US)
• ADTRAN (US)
• DASAN Zhone (US)
• Cisco Systems (US)
• NEC (Japan)
• Allied Telesis (Japan)
• Iskratel, d.o.o. (Slovenia)
• Unizyx Holding Corporation (Taiwan)
• Alphion Corporation (US)
• The market is segmented on the basis of component into optical line terminal and optical network terminal.
• The market is segmented on the basis of technology into 2.5G PON, XG-PON, XGS-PON, and NG-PON2.
• The market is segmented on the basis of application into FTTH, other FTTx, and mobile backhaul.
• The market is segmented on the basis of vertical into residential, transportation, telecommunication, healthcare, energy & utilities, and other commercial industries.
• The geographic analysis is done with regard to four major regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW).
Reasons to Buy This Report:
From an insight perspective, this research report focuses on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends), market ranking analysis of top players, value chain analysis, and company profiles that discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging segments and segments with a high growth potential in the GPON technology market, high-growth regions, and market dynamics (such as drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities).
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market penetration: Comprehensive information on GPON technology offered by the top players in the GPON technology market
• Product development/innovation: Detailed insights regarding R&D activities, emerging technologies, and new product launches in the GPON technology market
• Market development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets along with the analysis of the GPON technology market across the major regions
• Market diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the overall GPON technology market
• Competitive assessment: In-depth assessment of the market ranking analysis, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the GPON technology market