The global shampoo market is projected to grow with a CAGR of 3.76% during the forecasted period (2020 - 2025).
- The anti-dandruff shampoo is anticipated to be the fastest-growing segment, within the global shampoo market, driven by the convenience of using these products, poor hygiene conditions, and rising pollution levels.
- Increasing celebrity endorsements, rise in demand for natural and organic products, ease of usage and availability of small travel-size packs are the major trends observed in the global shampoo market.
- The global shampoo market is characterized by the presence of several brands with varied functionalities targetting specific consumer group thus, contributing towards the overall market growth.
Key Market Trends
Herbal Shampoos are Becoming Mainstream
With evolving consumer needs for shampoo products comprising of natural ingredients, manufacturers are continuously expanding their product portfolio, thus, placing themselves in a highly competitive shampoo market. For example, in 2019, Loreal launched a “new generation” of professional hair care products that are exclusively used in salons. These shampoos are natural, silicone-free, paraben-free and sulfate-free formulas with 80-100% naturally-derived ingredients. The product range is formulated with real flower and plant inclusions suspended. Moreover, the consumers are looking for shampoos infused with oils, included blended formulations and pure organics, thus, providing healthy fixes for dry and damaged hair.
Asia Pacific is the Fastest Growing Market
Beauty and personal care industry in the Asia Pacific is witnessing tremendous growth, attributable to an increasing number of beauty conscious consumers particularly in countries like China, Japan, Thailand, and South Korea. The hair care regime is an important aspect of their everyday life. For example, the Chinese population considers shampoos as an essential hair care product, which is particularly intended to keep the moisture balance of the hair. Also, in China, demand for anti-hair fall shampoo is growing at the fastest growth rate mainly attributable to high-pressure life and increasing pollution levels. Furthermore, the rapid adoption of 2-in1 shampoos and conditioners intended to clear the scalp and make hair soft and silky, across the Asia Pacific region is also expected to fuel the overall market in the near future.
The shampoo market is highly competitive, with the presence of various international and domestic players. Key players in the global shampoo market are focusing on leveraging opportunities posed by emerging markets, to expand their product portfolio, thus, catering consumer's needs for various hair concerns. Some of the major players in the global shampoo market are, L'Oréal SA, Unilever PLC, Shiseido Co. Ltd, Johnson & Johnson, The Procter & Gamble Company, Kao Corporation among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support