The Europe, Middle-East and Africa hot-melt adhesives market is estimated to witness a significant growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 5.5%, over the forecast period. Increasing demand from the packaging industry and rising environmental concerns regarding solvent-borne adhesives are expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Volatility in the availability and price of raw material forcing internal substitution is likely to hinder the market’s growth.
- Adoption of bio-based hot-melt adhesives are projected to create opportunities to the market growth in the coming years.
- Europe is expected to dominate the market and is also expected to witness the fastest CAGR during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Rising Demand from Paper, Board and Packaging Industry
- An extremely high proportion of all industrial products are sold in packaging – either due to stability requirements for storage and transport or for aesthetic reasons.
- Hot-melt adhesives are mainstream adhesives in the paper, board, and packaging industry. It is most widely used for carton closing, sealing, and pallet stabilization.
- Applications of hot-melt adhesives range from corrugated box construction and lamination of printed sheets, to packaging materials used for all types of consumer products and the production of large industrial tubes and cores.
- Although normal envelopes and paper bags consist of just a single layer of material, most packaging materials used nowadays are of different materials laminated together.
- The most crucial market for hot-melt adhesives has been packaging. The production of tapes and labels has been experiencing immense growth. The improvement in living standards and higher incomes, especially in developing countries, have increased the demand for a broad range of products, all of which require packaging. Moreover, the growing market for e-commerce and online purchasing is providing huge support and opportunities to the hot-melt adhesives market.
- Most of the demand for packaging is from the food and beverage industry. On the other hand, healthcare products are the largest users of folding cartons. These end-user segments are likely to boost the demand for PU hot-melt adhesives in the coming years.
- The aforementioned factors have been boosting the demand for hot-melt adhesives, in the recent times.
Europe to Dominate the Market
- Europe region dominated the market with growing demand from the countries such as Germany, United Kingdom, France, and Italy. Germany dominated the market in the region.
- Germany leads Europe’s automotive market with 41 assembly and engine production plants that contribute to one third of the total automobile production in Europe.
- Germany has the largest construction industry in Europe. The construction sector in Germany accounted for over 3% of the GDP in 2018. According to industry experts, the demand for new houses is expected to record around 350,000 units per year till 2020, which is expected to boost the construction industry.
- The non-residential and commercial buildings construction in the country is expected to witness significant growth prospects in the forecast period.
- In Europe, Germany holds the largest healthcare market. The annual expenditure on health in the country is estimated to be more than EUR 350 billion, excluding fitness and wellness. With the demographic changes and digitalization, the country has been investing in mobile healthcare facilities, which have provided a platform for the further expansion of the German healthcare sector.
- Owing to all the above-mentioned factors, the market for hot-melt adhesives in the region is expected to increase during the forecast period.
The Europe, Middle-East and Africa hot-melt adhesives market is fragmented in nature. Key players in the market include Arkema Group, H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Jowat, and Sika AG, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support