The market for ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE) coatings is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 7.8% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied is increasing demand from the construction sector.
- Emerging applications in the optical fiber industry like jacketing material and growing demand for ETFE coatings for the electrical wiring from the aerospace industry are expected to act as an opportunity in the market.
- North America dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption in a country such as United States, Canada, etc.
Key Market Trends
Building and Construction Segment to Contribute Significant Demand to the Market
- ETFE-based coatings are extremely durable, highly translucent, and can increase the life-cycle of the exterior coatings, as well as the interval between recoats. This is expected to reduce the costs of infrastructure management, by minimizing maintenance costs and the number of recoats.
- The makings of ETFE as a long-term construction material will lie in the development of various high-tech coatings, which will not just modify the translucency, but also the thermal and acoustic properties of the fabric itself.
- ETFE coatings have been even used to build the pneumatic panels on the exterior of the Beijing National Aquatics Centre and other buildings., including the New Atlanta Stadium, and the US Bank Stadium in U.S, Eden Project and the National Space Centre in the U.K., Hong Kong’s Green 18 in the Hong Kong Science Park, Allianz Arena in Germany, and the Forsyth Barr Stadium in New Zealand.
- The building & construction industry is currently a thriving industry in several emerging economies of Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, and North American region, and this is going to drive the use of ETFE coatings, such as roof coatings, which also provide energy savings through solar reflectance and reduction of heat transfer into buildings, and thus, preventing infrastructure failures.
- All the above factors are likely to increase the demand for the ETFE market over the forecast period.
North America to Dominate the Ethylene Tetrafluoroethylene Coatings Market
- North America represents the largest regional market for a global ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE) coatings market.
- This immense demand for ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE) coatings is a consequence of the growing trends of tensile architecture in the region.
- In North America, the United States provides the major market for ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE) Coatings with more than 75% of the regional market share. The growing automotive, aerospace and chemical industries in the countries like the United States and Canada further augmented the demand for the ETFE coatings market.
- The large market size coupled with the huge growth of North America is quite instrumental in the expansion of the global ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE) Coatings market.
The ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE) coatings market is fragmented. Some of the major players include BASF SE, Daikin Industries, Ltd., Dupont, Osaka Gas Chemicals Co., Ltd., The Chemours Company, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support