The increasing need to improve the end-users’ Quality of Experience (QoE) is driving the CaaS market growth.
The Containers as a Service (CaaS) market is expected to grow from USD 930.4 million in 2017 to USD 4,080.4 million by 2022, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 34.4%. The market is driven by various factors, such as the benefits of operational simplicity, platform independency, resource optimization, and smooth scalability. However, the major hindrance faced by enterprises while adopting CaaS is the difficulty in achieving security and compliance.
The security service type is expected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
Among the security types, the security segment is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. CaaS is a simplified platform used by developers and IT operators to build, ship, and run their applications anywhere. Although the container technology is simple to use, yet it is one of the new concepts among enterprises and may pose the threat of critical information leakage. Therefore, the security segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment in the CaaS market.
North America is expected to have the largest market share, whereas Asia Pacific (APAC) is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.
North America is the foremost potential market, due to the presence of a large number of players offering the CaaS technology. The region is expected to have the largest market size during the forecast period, as North American organizations are more focused on delivering new features from time to time using containerized applications. Furthermore, organizations have invested significantly on advanced technologies to gain a competitive advantage and improve business operations. The APAC region is in the initial growth phase. However, it is expected to be the fastest growing region in the global CaaS market. The increasing adoption of CaaS services in this region is due to the large number of SMEs. This is expected to have a positive impact on the APAC CaaS market growth. The container technology would help SMEs develop and deploy applications at a faster rate and improve the profitability margins.
The breakup of the profiles of the primary participants is given below:
• By Company: Tier 1 – 47%, Tier 2 – 32%, and Tier 3 – 21%
• By Designation: C-Level – 49%, D-Level – 31%, and Others – 20%
• By Region: North America – 42%, Europe – 26%, APAC – 23%, and RoW – 9%
The following key CaaS providers are profiled in the report:
1. Apcera (California, US)
2. AWS (Washington, US)
3. Cisco Systems (California, US)
4. Docker (California, US)
5. Google (California, US)
6. IBM (New York, US)
7. Joyent (California, US)
8. Microsoft (Washington, US)
9. Rancher Labs (California, US)
10. Red Hat (North Carolina, US)
11. SUSE (Nuremberg, Germany)
12. VMware (California, US)
The CaaS market has been segmented on the basis of service types, deployment models, organization size, verticals, and regions. A detailed analysis of the key industry players has been done to provide key insights into their business overview, products offerings, key strategies, new product launches, partnerships, agreements and collaborations, business expansions, mergers and acquisitions, and competitive landscape associated with the CaaS market.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
• This report segments the CaaS market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across different regions.
• This report will help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on the key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
• This report will help stakeholders better understand their competitors and gain more insights to enhance their position in the CaaS market. The competitive landscape section includes the vendor comparison of the top market players in the CaaS market.