The Brazil wireline logging services market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.62% during the forecast period. Factors such as increasing demand for oil and natural gas and rising investments in the upstream oil and gas sectors across the country are expected to drive the number of exploration and production activities, thereby driving the wireline logging services market during the forecast period. However, the crude oil prices have been highly volatile between 2019 and the start of 2020, fluctuating between USD 60 per barrel and USD 25 per barrel by the beginning of 2020. This volatility of oil prices remains a growing concern for the upstream industry. Hence, this is expected to hinder the growth of the market during the forecast period.
- The increasing exploration activities in the offshore region is expected to boost the demand for wireline logging services market during the forecast period.
- The increasing oil and gas discoveries, coupled with the liberalization in the industry, have been leading to the creation of new opportunities for the players to invest in the country studied market.
- Development of the deep-water and ultra-deepwater reserves is expected to drive the Brazil wireline logging services market during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Offshore Region To Dominate The Market
- The offshore oil and gas sector had been subdued in the past few years, mainly due to the crude oil price being lower than the breakeven price of several offshore oil and gas fields. As a result, the demand in the oil and gas wireline services market was negatively impacted.
- The Brent crude oil price started showing signs of improvement after mid-2016 and remained well above USD 60 per barrel throughout 2018. This, coupled with the cost reduction program of upstream oil and gas companies, resulted in gaining the confidence of investors for final investment decisions for projects, which got canceled during the low commodity price environment.
- For instance, In Brazil, the pre-salt layer production reached over 1.5 million bpd in 2018, and it accounted for over 55% in the country’s total oil production. Pre-salt oil is produced from wells drilled during the last decade, thus, providing a way to increase wireline and perforating services.
- However, in early 2020, oil prices got severely affected by the OPEC deal cancelation and excessive crude oil and gas flow in the international market. This is expected to slow down the investment in the offshore region. Thus, it is expected to have a negative impact on the growth of the market during the forecast period.
The Deepwater and Ultra-deep water Activities to Drive the Market
- The investments related to deep-water projects are expected to be limited before 2025. These resources are typically more expensive to develop, take a longer time to reach full production, and require additional investment in infrastructure, because of their presence in remote locations. However, most of the projects that are currently under development are expected to continue their operations.
- Despite high fixed costs and the requirement of long lead times from project conception to the first production, offshore deep-water oil projects provide large production volumes that can achieve relatively low per-barrel operating costs over the reservoir life cycle.
- Moreover, The two offshore projects in Brazil, namely, Libra and Itapu, are expected to receive USD 15.8 billion worth of investments, with USD 2.2 billion just in signing bonuses on the 16th Bidding Round held in October 2019, thus, providing a way to increase wireline and perforating services.
- Besides, Weatherford signed a USD 87 million deal with Brazil's national oil company, Petrobras, for providing fishing and intervention services in September 2019.
- Further, Petrobas is the leading firm in Brazil, in terms of planned production and capital expenditure in the oil and gas sector. The company has expected to make investments worth USD 90.9 billion between 2016 and 2025, in Brazil.
- The discoveries of oil and gas fields demand exploration of the area to reach the production stage. Thus, these discoveries are expected to drive the country's wireline logging services market during the forecast period.
The Brazil wireline logging services market is moderately fragmented. Some of the key players in this market include Baker Hughes Company, Schlumberger Limited, Halliburton Company, Weatherford International Plc., Nabors Industries Ltd, Superior Energy Services, and others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support