“The global bone cement and glue market projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period.”
The bone cement and glue market is expected to reach USD 1,322.6 million by 2022 from USD 993.0 million in 2017, at a CAGR of 5.9%. Factors driving the growth of this market include the increasing incidence of sports injuries, growth in geriatric population, developments in the field of regenerative medicine, and the growing number of road accidents and trauma cases are driving the growth of this market. On the other hand, inadequate reimbursement, high costs, and extensive clinical data requirements for launching new products are some factors expected to restrain the growth of this market to a certain extent during the forecast period.
“By type, the bone glue segment is anticipated to grow at the highest growth rate during the forecast period.”
This market is categorized by type into bone cement and bone glue. The bone glue segment is estimated to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period. The increasing number of fractures and orthopedic surgeries is driving the growth of this segment.
“The hospitals segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.”
By end user, the bone cement and glue market is segmented into hospitals, clinics/physician offices, and ambulatory surgery centers. The hospitals segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period. The rising number of orthopedic surgeries performed in hospitals and increasing number of hospitals in developing countries are the major factors driving the growth of this end-user segment.
“Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the study period.”
In 2017, the bone cement and glue market was dominated by North America, followed by Europe. However, Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period. The growth of this segment can be attributed to the developing healthcare infrastructure, growing medical tourism, influx of international players, government initiatives to promote sports, and the growing geriatric population in the APAC countries.
The primary interviews conducted for this report can be categorized as follows:
• By Company Type - Tier 1 – 60%, Tier 2 – 20% and Tier 3 – 20%
• By Designation – C-level – 40%, Director-level – 20%, Others – 40%
• By Region – North America – 40%, Europe – 20%, Asia Pacific– 40%
The key players in the bone cement and glue market include Stryker Corporation (US), Zimmer Biomet (US), DePuy Synthes (US), Smith & Nephew (UK), Arthrex (US), DJO Global (US), Exactech (US), TEKNIMED (France), Heraeus Medical (Germany), CryoLife (US), Cardinal Health (US), and Trimph (Australia).
The report analyses the bone cement and glue market by type, application, end user, and region. Apart from a comprehensive geographic product analysis and market sizing, the report also provides a competitive landscape that covers the growth strategies adopted by industry players over the last three years. The company profiles include the product portfolios, developments, and strategies adopted by prominent market players to maintain and increase their shares in the market. Market research data, current market size, and forecast of the future trends will help key market players and new entrants to make the necessary decisions regarding product offerings, geographic focus, change in strategic approach, and levels of output to remain successful in the market.
Key benefits of buying the Report:
This report will enable both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help these firms to garner greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report can use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned strategies to strengthen their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the bone cement and glue market
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and product launches in the bone cement and glue market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market strategies, geographic and business segments, and product portfolios of the leading players in the bone cement and glue market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about emerging markets. This report analyzes the market for various bone cement and glues across geographies
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the bone cement and glue market