“Global bioprocess containers market projected to grow at a CAGR of 13.2% during the forecast period”
The global bioprocess containers market is expected to reach USD 1,914.6 million by 2023 from USD 1,030.0 million in 2018, at a CAGR of 13.2%. Growth in this market can be attributed to the increasing demand for biologics, affordability and sustainability of single-use bioprocess technologies, vaccine production using single-use disposable technologies, and the lower risk of cross-contamination. Most of these conventional biomanufacturing products require constant sterilization to eliminate contamination, which increases the overall investments for manufacturers. Hence, transition from conventional equipment to single-use systems results in the frequent growth of this market.
“3D bioprocess containers segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period”
Based on type, bioprocess containers market is segmented in to 2D bioprocess containers, 3D bioprocess containers, and other containers and accessories. The 3D bioprocess containers segment is estimated to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The significant reductions in labor cost and the faster batch-turnaround achieved using these containers are the major factor driving their adoption.
“The life sciences R&D companies segment is estimated to grow at a rapid rate during the forecast period”
Based on end user, the bioprocess containers market is segmented into biopharmaceutical companies and life science R&D companies. The life science R&D companies segment is expected to grow at the fastest growth rate during the forecast period. The R&D and manufacturing of biologics and biosimilars are extremely expensive due to the amount of detail necessary to replicate and ensure the validation of biosynthesis of living cells and their components. This factor primarily contributes to the growth of this end user segment.
“Asia is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the study period”
Geographically, the bioprocess containers market is dominated by North America, followed by Europe in 2018. The Asian region is estimated to grow at the fastest rate which can be attributed to the significant investments by key market players, increasing government support, developing R&D infrastructure, increasing outsourcing of pharmaceutical manufacturing and R&D, and increasing cell culture distribution. For instance, in May 2017, Merck KGaA established its first joint bioprocess scale-up laboratory with Stelis Biopharma in India.
The primary interviews conducted for this report can be categorized as follows:
• By Company Type - Tier 1 – 62%, Tier 2 – 28%, and Tier 10
• By Designation – C level – 62%, Director level – 21%, and Others – 17%
• By Region – North America – 30%, Europe – 20%, Asia Pacific – 40%, and RoW – 10%
The key players in the bioprocess containers market are Thermo Fisher Scientific (US), Sartorius (Germany), GE Healthcare (US), Merck KGaA (Germany), Danaher Corporation (US), Lonza (Switzerland), Fenner PLC (UK), Meissner (US), Rim Bio (US), and Fluids Control (Argentina).
The report analyzes the bioprocess containers market by type, application, end user, and region. Apart from comprehensive geographic & product analysis and market sizing, the report also provides a competitive landscape that covers the growth strategies adopted by industry players over the last three years. In addition, the company profiles include the product portfolios, developments, and strategies adopted by prominent market players to maintain and increase their shares in the market. Market research data, current market size, and forecast of the future trends will help key market players and new entrants to make the necessary decisions regarding product offerings, geographic focus, change in strategic approach, and levels of output in order to remain successful.
Key benefits of buying the Report:
This report will enable both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which, in turn, will help these firms garner greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report can use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the bioprocess containers market
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, R&D activities, expansions, and product launches in the bioprocess containers market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market strategies, geographic and business segments, and product portfolios of the leading players in the bioprocess containers market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about emerging markets. This report analyzes the market for various bioprocess containers market products across geographies.
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the bioprocess containers market.