The Ball Valve Market was valued at USD 11.68 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 13.93 billion by 2024, registering a CAGR of 3% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- Global increase in the demand for oil and gas is expected to be one of the major factor contributing to the ball valve market growth.
- Also, factors such as increasing population, scarcity of freshwater resources, and a wide presence of salinized water in comparison to freshwater are increasing the demand for desalination and wastewater treatment plants.
- The deployment of the ball valve for the treatment of, both domestic wastewater management and industrial wastewater management can further boost the growth of the market.
- From the regional perspective, The United States is expected to experience substantial growth in oil and gas activity due to growing production from the Permian basin of Texas and the Gulf of Mexico. Also, the emerging countries, like India, has witnessed a growth in oil consumption.
- Further, the growth in energy consumption, rapid urbanization and industrialization, and increasing smart initiatives across the globe are certain factors stimulating market growth.
- However, issues related to downtime due, to repairing of valves are estimated to challenge the growth of the market.
Scope of the Report
The ball valve is a spherical closure device that controls the flow and pressure of liquids and gases within a system. It is a form of quarter-turn valve which uses a hollow, perforated and pivoting ball to control flow through it.
Valves play a vital role in the increasingly complex industrial environments. Pipelines are necessary for every industry that deals with fluid, whether they are in crude oil or natural gas production. Nearly all industry verticals, like medicine, food processing, water treatment as well as in engines, machinery, and plant engineering, or the conveyance of gas, fluids, and free-flowing solids there is extensive usage of pipes and valves.
Key Market Trends
Food Processing Industry Expected to Have Majority Applications
- The food processing industry is one of the major applications for ball valves, as operations like product fillings need to maintain a regulated flow throughout the process.
- The balls valves in the industry include both, valves that come directly in contact with the material and those are used in utility services, like as water and steam. In both cases, valves need to be designed to meet several industry regulations, especially the ones in direct contact with the food material. This poses significant challenges for manufacturers to gain regulatory approvals.
- Increasing government spending to enhance the existing food processing infrastructure, to achieve self-sufficiency goals, are expected to provide better growth opportunities to the market. For instance, in 2018, the Indian government set up a dedicated dairy processing infra fund, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), which was expected to achieve an investment of INR 100 billion in the dairy sector by 2020.
Asia-Pacific Expected to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific’s established electronics industry and adoption of innovative technologies have provided the organizations in the region a competitive edge in the market. Moreover, the region has the presence of several major ball valve vendors, such as Kitz Corporation (Japan) and Astech Valve Co. Ltd (Taiwan), among others.
- Increasing urbanization and rapid industrialization in emerging economies, such as China and South Korea are driving the demand for ball valve market in the region. Energy infrastructure investments are flourishing in Asia-Pacific with the rising demand for electricity due to the burgeoning population and the government push for better product quality and power reliability, which are also driving the industry growth. In July 2018, NLC India planned to increase its power generation capacity, which is projected to raise the usage of the ball valve.
- Furthermore, the chemical companies are investing in expanding their facility in the Asia-Pacific region, owing to low-cost labor, which, in turn, boost the growth prospect of the ball valve market. For instance, in July 2018, BASF signed an MoU to launch its production plant in China, which is expected to be fully-owned by the company.
The ball valve market consists of several players. None of the players currently dominate the market. The companies are engaging in mergers and acquisitions in order to increase their expertise in the product. The market is being viewed as a lucrative investment opportunity due to the wide consumer base. With a huge number of new market entrants, the market is moving towards fragmentation.
- December 2018 - Emerson, recently acquired Advanced Engineering Valves (A.E. Valves), a leading manufacturer of innovative valve technology that helps LNG customers operate more efficiently. The transaction will enable Emerson, a global leader in automation solutions and technology, to provide its customers with the world’s broadest portfolio of valves to improve process performance and reliability.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support