The global automotive OEM interior coatings market is expected to record a CAGR of around 5% during the forecast period. The major factor driving the market studied is the growing demand from growing automotive production in countries such as the United States, ASEAN countries, India, etc.
- A sharp decrease in automotive production in China is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- A rise in investment opportunities in the Middle East & Africa is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, with the largest consumption from countries, such as China, India, Japan, and South Korea.
Key Market Trends
Epoxy Resins Segment to Contribute Significant Demand to the Market
- Epoxy adhesives consist of an epoxy resin plus a hardener. They allow great versatility in formulation since there are many resins and many different hardeners.
- Epoxies have good strength, do not produce volatiles during curing, and have low shrinkage. They are available in one-part, two-part, and film form, and produce extremely strong, durable bonds with most materials.
- Additionally, they strengthen assemblies, join lightweight material, and enhance aesthetics to give car manufacturers a competitive advantage.
- They are employed in various applications, including panel assembly, door, flooring, and window applications.
- Epoxies are one of the most used adhesives in the automotive OEM interior industry. They exhibit excellent adhesion to glass, metal, plastic, rubber, and composite substrates.
- Some of its major applications in OEM interiors are interior display systems, seating, consoles, and airbag sealing, among others.
- All the above-aforementioned advantages are expected to boost the consumption of epoxy resins in the automotive OEM interior coatings market.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-pacific is the largest market for automotive OEM interior coatings. Growth in the regional market is driven by the growing automotive production coupled with increased investments in the Asia-pacific region, primarily from major economies, such as China, India, and ASEAN countries.
- India is a growing economy and holds great potential for future market opportunities. The country’s economy is expected to further grow in the coming years.
- Despite demonetization and GST reforms affecting the national production volume, the impact of these reforms is slowly waning. Moreover, the country’s government has been taking initiatives to attract FDI in the manufacturing sector, to make India a manufacturing hub.
- The Indian government has recently reduced customs duty on the import of components for electric vehicles from a range of 15-30% to 10-15%.
- International automobile manufacturers, such as Volvo, BMW, and Jeep have already started assembly of their new cars in India, while other major players such as Kia Motors and Tesla Inc., are expected to make investments in the robust car market in China and India.
- Hence, with the rapid growth in the region, the demand for automotive OEM interior coatings is expected to rapidly increase over the forecast period.
The global automotive OEM interior coatings market is partially consolidated. The major companies include Sherwin-Williams, PPG Industries, Inc., Akzo Nobel N.V.,NB Coatings (Nippon Paint Company), and AXALTA COATING SYSTEMS LTD., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support