The Australian hospital supplies market is expected to witness a CAGR of 10% during the forecast period. Certain factors that are driving the growth of the market include increasing incidences of communicable diseases and growing public awareness about hospital-acquired infections (HAIs).
- According to the Department of Health, the Government of Australia, communicable diseases are to be considered a significant public health priority. The health problems currently faced by Australia are very diverse, such as foodborne diseases, sexually transmitted diseases, and the emergence of antimicrobial-resistant bacteria, vaccine-preventable diseases, and vector-borne diseases.
- The Office of Health Protection (OHP) is engaged in a range of activities to reduce the incidence and the social and economic impact of communicable diseases.
- The National Framework for Communicable Disease Control brings together the government, agencies, and committees under the goal of strengthening the defense against communicable diseases, and recommends outcomes required to achieve the key objectives, including improved communicable disease prevention, detection, and response, as well as improved organization and delivery of communicable disease control.
- However, emergence of home care services is expected to hinder the market’s growth. Australia has had a national home care program for around 20 years. The country’s national home care program, called HACC, has been developed to provide a comprehensive range of services to mainly support frail, aged people and people with disabilities in their home, and also to prevent their premature admission to residential care. The traditional home care services include home nursing, homemaking, and delivery of meals.
Key Market Trends
The Disposable Hospital Supplies Segment is Expected to hold a Significant Market Share
Disposable medical supplies, such as first aid supplies, disposable apparel, blood collection tools, testing supplies, etc., are always on demand. They are extremely crucial for carrying out any medical procedure in hospitals. Over recent years, the disposable products' market has been growing consistently, and it is expected to account for strong growth in the near future as well. Products with enhanced performance, infection prevention, and efficacy are propelling the increase in demand for medical disposables in Australia. Demand for disposable devices is rising in Australia, as the country is modernizing its healthcare infrastructure. The growing presence of medical facilities in the region and the growing geriatric population act as the major growth drivers for the disposable hospital supplies segment.
The Australian hospital supplies market, which is highly competitive, consists of a number of major players. Companies, such as 3M Healthcare, Advanced Sterilization Products Services Inc., Ansell Limited, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Cardinal Health Inc., Covidien PLC, Invacare Corporation, Medline Industries, and Molnlycke Healthcare AB, among others, hold a substantial market share in the Australian hospital supplies market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support