Asia-Pacific sugar-free chewing gum market is projected to grow, witnessing a CAGR of 5.47% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- Asia-Pacific region is projected to offer significant opportunities for sugar-free chewing gum marketers owing to the rising diabetic population and increased rate of oral health problems in recent years across the region.
- Proven oral benefits of chewing sugar-free gum have been shown to increase the flow of saliva, thereby reducing plaque acid, strengthening the teeth, and reducing tooth decay which is driving the demand for sugar-free chewing gums across the region.
- Furthermore, the sugar-free alternatives of chewing gum are also being recognized as a preventive measure for dental ailments by various leading dental associations and organizations across the Asia-Pacific region.
Key Market Trends
New Product Launched and Innovations in Sugar-Free Gums
The demand for the single pack is growing with consumer demand for various flavors. Innovation in a unique format, a new pack, and varied flavor range continued to be sugar- free chewing gum market opportunity to drive the market. On-the-go mouth freshness products, such as Doublemint has performed well in Asia owing to high demand and increased usage of social media and growing purchasing power supports the market growth of sugar-free chewing gum. Driving consumer awareness through packaging that demonstrates product information through pack design is the future sugar-free chewing gum market opportunity. Hence, new product innovation with attractive packaging is the main strategy adopted by players.
China Market Holds Significant Share
China followed by Japan and South Korea are the largest markets for sugar-free chewing gums in the Asia-Pacific region. Sugar-free gums offer a bright spot to the Chinese chewing gum market as it resonates with the general rise in consumer health-awareness and is benefiting from growing concerns about the harmful impact of sugar consumption on health and the increasing prevalence of obesity. Sugar-free chewing gums have replaced traditional bubble gums owing to the rising concerns of tooth decay among Chinese children. Wrigley Confectionery (China) Ltd remained the leading player in the sugar-free gum market in 2019. Moreover, India's sugar-free chewing market is projected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
The Asia-Pacific sugar-free chewing gum market is concentrated among multinational players occupying major share. Key market players include Perfetti Van Melle Group B.V., Mondelez International, Inc., Mars, Incorporated, The Hershey Company, and others.
New product innovation with attractive packaging is the main strategy adopted by players. For instance, Wrigley India, a subsidiary of Mars Inc., launched Doublemint Mints, which is a sugar-free chewing gum available in two flavors- peppermint and spearmint.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support